Payment couldn’t be processed.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi can someone please help, I’ve been trying to pay for my Shopify basic plan and it keeps saying payment couldn’t be processed but I have enough to pay for the plan. I used my Credit card and PayPal but payment won’t go through. Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1553 94 334

Hey, @Usi_M

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble processing the payment for your store. Regretfully, we have limited information when it comes to why your credit card was declined as the bank only provides us with a short error. It can range from "insufficient funds" to "Do not honour." Regardless of the error, we're unable to bypass it and it would require speaking with your bank to determine why the card was declined. Keep in mind that our systems charge in USD, so if you're using an international card, then you'll want to ensure you have funds available to cover the conversion, plus any additional fees your bank may charge for processing the conversion. You'll also want to ensure that you're using a supported credit card which is a card issued by a bank with a line of credit, and not a visa/MasterCard branded debit card. As for Paypal, if you're seeing an error when trying to process a payment then you will want to reach out to Paypal support as they'll be able to troubleshoot that further. 

If you're still having trouble after checking your payment type and/or speaking with Paypal let me know! 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Can someone explain to me please I keep getting emails from shopify to send my ID I have sent in my drivers licence photo and proof of address but I am being told payments will be held on me what do I do now. As I have sent ID?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1553 94 334

@Cole1964 

When using Shopify Payments, there will be standard reviews to validate the business and to ensure that your business is adhering to the Shopify Payments Terms of Service. If you've been prompted to upload your documents via your admin then you'll want to do so as soon as possible. Once you've submitted your documents it can typically take between 1-3 business days to review the documents you've provided. If there any issues then our teams will request further information; however, if not, then the hold will be removed, and payouts will resume as normal. Are you getting an error when trying to submit the documents, or is the issue that you've submitted them but you're still getting emails to submit documents? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi yes I have submitted them and still getting emails.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1553 94 334

@Cole1964 

Thank you for letting me know. I have shipped you an email to get this reviewed. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi
It has been sorted now thank you for all your help
Greatly appreciated.
Joan
1 Like