Payment essentials.

Solved
Tourist
5 0 1

I am starting this thread because unfortunately Shopify QnA is a maze.... I cannot find a simple answer. Either is doesn't exist-unfortunate- or is somewhere buried behind thousand of clicks....#

So I have set up Shopify Payments and had a friend make a trial order on my new eshop.

The order was made in the UK and I will use Oberlo and AliExpress 

Although my friend yesterday paid the money, still nothing has come to my account, although I set the payouts every business day. I am very confused as I clicked "fulfill order".... {btw, I don't care about labels etc at this moment} BUT:

1) Why on my Oberlo dashboard, the order is "pending fulfillment"? 

2) What time of the day are the orders processed and money paid in?

3) So to try to get this right, as Shopify only confuses me, once the money is in my bank account, ONLY THEN will I set the order on Aliexpress?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
188 23 42

Hi @a_sokratis,

Thank you for reaching out with your questions today and I'll be happy to answer them.

Even if you have set a day when you'd like to receive your payouts, there is still a minimum wait for time for all payments processed through Shopify Payments. In the UK, the pay period for payouts is 3 business days. This means you should receive the funds in your bank account for this purchase by the end of this week, depending on bank processing times.

You can place the order on AliExpress whenever you feel comfortable doing so. Ideally, you will want to go ahead and place the order from the AliExpress supplier as soon as you can, although if you need to wait until the funds from the customer have arrived in your bank account that is understandable. The downside of this is the longer you wait to place the order with the supplier, the longer your customer will be waiting for their order to arrive.

It's important to remember that there are two transactions happening here - one between the customer and the merchant (you), and one between the merchant and the supplier. These transactions are completely independent of each other and you can engage in the transaction between yourself and the supplier whenever you choose, which of course will be sometime after your customer has placed the order on your online store.

This "pending fulfilment" message in Oberlo will be removed once you have placed the order with the AliExpress supplier. For instructions on how to do this, please check out our guide on the ordering processing via Oberlo.

I hope this has helped explain things but do let me know if you have any further questions on this.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you so much Victor.

This level of detail is hard to find without placing a question.

As a further comment, if the information sections Shopify has became more intuitive and better linked and chunked together, I believe that would make the whole retrieval of information much faster and efficient. At this point, I feel everything is fragmented and a ton of bullet points and links to other pages, is not helping.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
188 23 42

Hi @a_sokratis,

I'm glad you found my response helpful. I understand your point and given the wealth of information about the platform out there, finding a single answer to a question that isn't overtly obvious can sometimes be tricky. The variety and volume of questions we get is rather large, as you can imagine, which means that not everything can be proactively answered in a help doc; it's for this reason we offer 24/7 live support as well as assistance through other channels, such as our Community Forums here.

We appreciate your feedback on this and please don't hesitate to contact us again if you're having trouble finding an answer. Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes