Payment fees shopify + stripe? 3.4%?

Highlighted
3 0 0

If I'm using shopify with the basic 29 usd subscription and have a stripe payment gateway setup. Is there a fee from both shopify and stripe? 2% + 1.4% ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1022 97 222

Hey there, @Olmizee

Bo here from Shopify Support. 

That is a really great question. Transaction fees apply on all orders that are financially brokered (arranged) by Shopify as soon as payment has been captured. On the Basic Plan we charge 2%. This 2% would be charged by Shopify and would be completely separate to what the third party payment gateway is charging. This transaction fee applies to Merchants using other payment providers to process transactions through our SSL checkout, they pay for the cost, maintenance, and upkeep of our integrations with 3rd party payment providers. This transaction fee would not be applied if you were using Shopify Payments which are powered by Stripe. You can find out if you are eligible for Shopify Payments here. 

All the Best,

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, I am currently testing Shopify payments (it is in test mode)

I was going to create an order for $14,000 but I am wonder if Shopify would charge me 2% for creating an order for testing.

Please let me know

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1022 97 222

Hey there, @Elsukutruku 

Great question. That transaction fee would not be applicable to those using Shopify Payments. However, the transactions that go through Shopify Payments are subject to credit card charges based on the plan that you are on. Check them out here.

You will not be charged the 2% on this transaction as the gateway is in test mode. 

All the Best,

Bo 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Guys answer is yes u r absolutely right, Shopify will charge you 2% above all sales u make, and this is separate from your 3d party payment provider's fee. For this reason consider dif platforms, this platform is not built for legit ecommerce projects

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

So if i choose Stripe I would still get charged by Shopify and Stripe?, that would work out to be rather expensive and unfortunately Shopify Payments are not avaliable in Austria yet or may never will be?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1022 97 222

Hey there, @csh 

You are correct. While Shopify Payments are not yet available in Austria we are expanding to more countries each year. We do not have a current timeline for when they will be available in Austria. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

How much if not using Shopify payments? 2% + 2% Stripe? so its 4%?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1022 97 222

Hey there, @dynn27 

I cannot confirm for certain what Stripe would be charging you but, yes, it would be the combination of the two. 

All the Best,

Bo

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey Bo,

Does that mean Stripe charges a fee, just by receiving a payment? Would that mean that you have to pay a double Stripe fee? One when you receive the payment and one when you send the money from Stripe to your bank account?

Best,

Konstantin

0 Likes