Payment gateway for India

Highlighted
3 0 1

I am starting a dropshipping store with aliexpress from India to US and my customers will only be in US. When I checked with the availability of payment gateways for India, I found few of American ones. Assuming that US customers are most likely or only prefer using American payment gateways as they are accustomed. Will using an Indian payment gateway hold credibility?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 11

Hey, Ramesh!

My name is Alice and I'm a guru here at Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us here on the Forums! ?

The Gateway which you use would rarely have an impact on a customers choice, due to the fact that many times the gateway isn't shown to them, it would be shown as a Credit Card Gateway within the checkout.  If these gateways are External gateways see the list here, then this is when customers may see the gateway branding.  Many customers would know gateways such as 2Checkout, Mastercard Payment Services, Paypal and Realex, but once the payment area is secure and PCI compliant (like we are), then customers minds will be put at ease! The list of available gateways in India can be seen here, but if you're charging in USD and based in India, I found the following gateways available within the Settings > Payments section.

See here for image of Gateways.

What I would suggest doing, is reaching out to the available gateways, and make sure that they can accept payments in USD to be transferred to your Bank Account, each gateway would have it's own governing rules, but they'll be able to let you know the common procedure.

I hope that helps and if you have any other questions or need anything at all, please let me know and I’ll do all I can to help!  We're also here 24-7 on phones, emails and chats! ?

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 1

Thanks Alice for your prompt response, I guess I am getting each of my questions answered very clearly through this forum, however I have couple of them that were really bothering before I could setup my business. Could you please look into these:

1) Do I have the facility of using free + shipping from India through shopify?

2) Through some sources I heard there is a tax feature you can use to charge specific percentage of sales tax rate to different states in US, Will allowing this feature autocharge tax through settings. How does it work?

3) Does this tax feature applies charging sales tax or VAT to other countries as well?

4) I have found some articles which say that I have to get a US bank account, SSN & pay some tax to US also. Is there any sort of requirement for me to pay tax there as I am a Non US Citizen. Is this really true?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for putting up your query.

We hear this question from many Indian merchants selling outside India. As your business is based out in India, It is recommended that you have an Indian payment gateway so that the settlement happens to your Indian bank account directly. 

Shopify has partnered with 15+ Indian payment gateway platforms including Cashfree. You can integrate Cashfree on your Shopify store and start accepting international payments. 

As observed most American customers prefer credit  card or PayPal as a payment mode. Cashfree supports all international cards and Paypal. Besides if you have an existing Paypal account you can link it with Cashfree and start accepting international payments from day one. Visit the link 

https://www.cashfree.com/en/shopify-payment-gateway/

integration guide: https://docs.cashfree.com/docs/shopify/guide/

Payment gateway pricing: starts at 1.95% -Lowest in India. http://bit.ly/2RtZoTm

I hope it helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi There,

I surely understand the dilemma you are facing at the moment and for the ease and trust issue that you want to build up with your customers abroad you are looking forward to an American payment gateway. But what if I tell you about an Indian payment gateway provider that does the same work as any other American payment Gateway!

Atom Technologies, one of the oldest payment gateway providers in the country accepts digital payment with 265+ payment options and has a client base of more than 150000+ merchants. Its highly secured online payment processor and 24*7 customer support is your to go to online payment provider for all your digitalized needs.

Do know more do check out their website! www.atomtech.in

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

HI,

I have a similar issue.

I want to accept international payments on my website. I need that for making payments, the customer should not have to leave my website. I am operating from India and my customers will be from US UK Aus Canada. How can I accept international payments directly on my website?
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Shalini, can I use your services, and will it be activated instantly? As I am facing issues to set up a payment provider. 

@sanipilani wrote:

Hi There,

I surely understand the dilemma you are facing at the moment and for the ease and trust issue that you want to build up with your customers abroad you are looking forward to an American payment gateway. But what if I tell you about an Indian payment gateway provider that does the same work as any other American payment Gateway!

Atom Technologies, one of the oldest payment gateway providers in the country accepts digital payment with 265+ payment options and has a client base of more than 150000+ merchants. Its highly secured online payment processor and 24*7 customer support is your to go to online payment provider for all your digitalized needs.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for the reply @sanipilani I will check your company. 

@SindhuP wrote:

Hi Shalini, can I use your services, and will it be activated instantly? As I am facing issues to set up a payment provider. 

@sanipilani wrote:

Hi There,

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

HI,

I have a similar issue.

I want to accept international payments on my website. I need that for making payments, the customer should not have to leave my website. I am operating from India and my customers will be from US UK Aus Canada. How can I accept international payments directly on my website? ***URGENT****

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hello there, i just want to intgrate payment gateway on my travel website www.touristvisaonline.com any one help.

0 Likes