Payment gateway for the Congo?

Highlighted
6 0 0

I have an LLC Inc. in Delaware and sell exclusively in the two states of the Congo and the surrounding countries.
This case is, for me comprehensibly, not regulated. can I not use Shopifypayment now? can I take over the payment variants for South Africa or what I must or can I do.

I also need Western Union. Can this be integrated?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 506

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Very good question. Just to clarify, do you mean Delaware in the USA? If so and you can use the address for that LLC Inc. in your online store then you should be perfectly fine to use Shopify payments. But if you are using an address based out of the Congo, then you would need to look for alternative options to Shopify Payments. There is a guide on which payment gateways Shopify is partnered with for stores based out of the Congo which you can see here. Using one of the gateways in the guide based out of the country is something which is definitely recommended to avoid any complications. To answer your last question, at this time, it is not possible to integrate a Western Union account with your store, I will, however, pass this to the team on your behalf as a feature request. 

Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions should you have any. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello Nic,

Thank you very much for your answer.
Because of your formulation I have to specify my question.

We have our head office in DR Congo. But we also have a normal postal address in Delaware (USA). If we use this American postal address for the shop, it should work. Or?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3078 232 506

If you are planning on selling in USD as your primary currency and want to use Shopify Payments as your payment gateway, basically run your online store as if it was based in the USA, you would need to have a USA postal address, USA bank account, and a USA Social Security Number. If you are missing even one of those, then it is not possible to use the Shopify Payments gateway as if you were in the USA and your best bet would be to set up your store as if it was in the Congo to keep it simple for you. But if you have all of those things, then it should work for you yes. Shopify actually has a very helpful guide explaining what you need and how to set up Shopify Payments which you can see here

Hope that helps explain and make it clear for you. Don't hesitate to ask any more questions should you need to. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Nick,

thank you very much for this super-fast answer. 
These statements are now really clear, 

But for me, they mean that I can only use Shopify-Payment to a very limited extent. But it also means for me that for every payment that my customers make in another way, I will be severely punished in the form of the 'cost of money transactions'.
But since I'm not scratching in a niche, but am about to create a big departmentstore, I have to ask myself to what extent Shopify can be useful for the development of the shop.

But maybe there are more solutions

You can erase the entire section where I complain

0 Likes