Solved

What are alternative payment gateways for EU-based Shopify stores in USD?

LuisaP
Excursionist
22 2 11

Hello

We are Portugal (EU) based and we are launching a new shop in USA in USD.

PAYPAL

• Paypal is connected and is working pretty well. We catch the payments in USD in our Paypal account and transfer the USD to our EU bank account in Portugal in EUR.
  • We also own a USD bank account in Portugal BUT Paypal refuse to transfert USD to our USD bank account in Portugal.
  • Any solution ?

STRIPE

• Stripe wants we open a USD bank account in USA that is pretty hard to do when you are an EU company.
  • Any solution to easily open an US bank account ?
  • Any solution with another payment gateway ?

Thanks for your help

Accepted Solutions (2)

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

The easies way would be to open a TransferWise account. You can hold, receive, send, and spend money using a Wise multi-currency account. You can hold more than 50 currencies, and convert between them at the real exchange rate whenever you need. You can get account details for some currencies to receive money from around the world.

Open a TranswerWise business account and they will provide you with a USD account where you can receive payments in USD, give this account coordinates to Stripe and you're good to go.

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]

View solution in original post

LuisaP
Excursionist
22 2 11

Thank you Jack

I will explore this solution on the transferwise side then asl to stripe if they accept a transferwise account and will let you know.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

The easies way would be to open a TransferWise account. You can hold, receive, send, and spend money using a Wise multi-currency account. You can hold more than 50 currencies, and convert between them at the real exchange rate whenever you need. You can get account details for some currencies to receive money from around the world.

Open a TranswerWise business account and they will provide you with a USD account where you can receive payments in USD, give this account coordinates to Stripe and you're good to go.

let me know if this works for your. If yes; accept my answer and give me thumbs up! Thank you.

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]
LuisaP
Excursionist
22 2 11

Thank you Jack

I will explore this solution on the transferwise side then asl to stripe if they accept a transferwise account and will let you know.

LuisaP
Excursionist
22 2 11

I did it and it works perfectly... Thanks

Tiffany121
Excursionist
15 1 3

Hi,

I don't know if my answer is helpful to you, but I want to try my best to help you solve some problems about payment gateways.

I have cooperated with a payment company called Silkpay before. They will provide you with corresponding services according to your needs. This company located in Paris, France, and covers business in the United States. I think they may have encountered the situation you are facing.

You can visite their website silkpay.eu or contact them to ask contact@silkpay.fr

Regards,