Payment method for Ukraine Shopify business

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
44 0 0

Hi,

I'm setting up a store for a business owner based in Ukraine.  He tells me that Paypal isn't accepted in his country.  I was wondering what is the best payment gateway for a Ukraine business?  It is not a drop shipping business.  He will be selling his handcrafted goods through his Shopify store which I'm helping setup for him.

Thanks for the advice.

Allen

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 20 186

Hey, Allen!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

It's difficult for me to say which gateway would be best for a Ukranian business. Check out the list of available gateways in the Ukraine.

Paypal Express is available as an option. I would recommend he sets it up, even if he doesn't think there is a huge market for Paypal in his country. He may be surprised at how widely used it is and it would be a shame if he missed out on orders due to not having Paypal set up. Is he only shipping his products to the Ukraine or is he considering International shipment? It's certainly worth having Paypal if he's shipping Internationally. He would need to make sure he has a business Paypal account as it won't work with a personal account. If he already has a personal Paypal account, he should be able to upgrade it to business.

He is welcome to have a credit card gateway set up in addition to Paypal Express. It looks like 2Checkout is the main option. He would need to visit their website to set up an account prior to linking it in his Shopify account.

Since your client is selling handcrafted products, I'd get him to check out Growing a Handmade Brand: One Family's Journey from Etsy to Shopify. It can be useful to read a case study on a similar business.

If there's anything else I can do to help out, please let me know.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
44 0 0

Hi Aria,

Thank you for your advice.  My client talked with his bank and mentioned Liqpay but it seems like that payment gateway isn't available on Shopify.  The only ones available are 2Checkout and Skrill.  I've informed him about these two options.  Do you know if Liqpay will be offered someday?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
577 20 186

Hey, Allen!

Aria again.

Shopify doesn't have any current plans to add additional gateways. That could certainly change at some point. I can't give you any guarantees though. 

Let me know if you have more questions.

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes