Payment method "Sofort" (Germany) takes forever to be processed

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi,

For a few months we have implemented the new payment method which is called "Sofort".

Basicaly it's supposed to be an instant bank transfer supported by Klarna (and Stripe?), and the duration of the process is said to be between 2 days and 14 (!) days, with an average of 3 business days.

We already had 3 orders with this payment method, german people seem to like it.

One was processed in 2 business days, another one in 4 business days, and the third one is currently still pending after 6 business days.

Is it usual to take that long? What could be the reason for it?

More importantly, what is the real risk for us?

On Shopify they say that the money is not guaranted until it arrives, but on the website of Klarna they assure that every merchant is protected from any risk of fraud or credit.

I wouldn't be willing to risk a 700€-value product to a customer from which I only know an address and some bank information.

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
35 3 8

Hi @chrisss06 

Klarna merchant support could help review these orders; they can be reached from https://www.klarna.com/de/verkaeufer/haendlersupport/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @chrisss06,

Nick here from Shopify. Really good questions! 

As @KristiAtKlarna mentioned, this is definitely something to ask Klarna/Sofort about as they would know best about their payment gateway. Shopify wouldn't have any information, control or say about the payout times. In saying that, you can reach their customer service in both German and English 7 days a week at the bottom of the link here

20-06-yjhjc-hxkwy

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes