Payment method

2 0 0
Hello Guys

I just launched my store but when i tried to test if paypal payment is working. I'm always met with this error message
"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later"

I just made sure that my paypal account is business account and it's correctly configured with shopify and i even found on paypal forums that sometimes encrypted payment option when turned on cause this error so i turned it off but all of that didn't work

I tried contacting paypal customer service by email but they aren't replying to my messages
please advise
Thanks in advance
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
200 17 43

Hi, @Jayce9x92

Julie here from Shopify Support.

First off, congratulations on launching your store. I’m glad to hear that you’re testing your checkout at this time; this is definitely an important step to take before launching.

Are you on a paid Shopify subscription? To accept payments, you will need to have selected a plan. If this is the case, then the error message is likely related to a setting in your PayPal account and you will just need to reach out to them directly for assistance. Taking a look at this PayPal forum post, it looks like the issue could be related to the Encrypted Website Payments setting being enabled, but as you mentioned that you have already disabled this, it would be best for PayPal Support to take a look into your account settings to rule out any other issues. Aside from contacting them via email, you can also reach PayPal Support by phone and live chat. You can access both of these contact methods through their Contact page here

As you continue getting ready to launch, I recommend checking out our Essential Store Launch Checklist. This resource will help you ensure that you have completed all of the necessary steps prior to launching. 

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes