I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify. I'll definitely need some more information so I can help work out what might be going on. Could you please confirm the following:
In the meantime, let's look at what potential charges you may see when you get an order. Going under the assumption you're using Shopify Payments on the Basic Plan, you'll be charged 2.9% + 30¢ CAD per transaction. Using your $50 order as an example, this means we would charge $1.75 for that order. We do not charge fees directly to you (i.e. we don't charge your card for the fees). Instead, the fees would be deducted from your payout. in this example, this means you'd be paid $48.25 for your $50 order.
These numbers can fluctuate based on which payment processor you're using, the plan you're on and any other billing charges you may be eligible for. To be sure, you can check the following:
Payouts (If using Shopify Payments)
1. Head to Settings > Payments.
2. Under Shopify Payments, click "View payouts".
3. Click the payout you're wanting to check.
4. Click the down arrow on the right-hand side of the transaction to view the breakdown of the payment.
1. Head to Settings > Billing.
2. Under "Bills", click the latest one to see a breakdown of anything we've charged you for (including subscription, apps and shipping charges (if applicable)).
If these suggestions don't help, please respond to this post with the answers to the questions listed above.