Payment processing error (exchange_rate)

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I had an abandoned checkout due to a payment processing error which appears to be due to the exchange rate being out of date. However, I understood checkouts are all processed in USD anyway so I don't understand why there would be an exchange rate error. The payment details and the error messaged I received are below. Can somebody please help me understand what has happened?

Thanks!

Error message:

Unable to process a payment for $27.00 USD on the Visa ending in XXXX.    Apr 9, 8:20 pm
errr.PNG
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 157

Hey, there!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Thank you so much for the screenshot and sharing this valuable feedback!

This is a known error which happens very rarely when the exchange rates Shopify has stored locally are out of date. When this error happens, it triggers the system to update the rates automatically. This is the screenshot from the customer's perspective:
10_26-806xr-noky0

If the customer had followed the instruction and tried the payment gateway for the second time, this issue would have resolved itself. That being said, when the customer didn't try for the second time, it led to abandoned checkout.

As we understand this may impact the business, our developers are working on reducing the frequency of this issue. Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience with us.

I hope this information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
1 0 0

bonjour 

moi aussi jai le meme problème avec le système de payement et sa na pas marcher la solution que vous avez donne qui est de réessayer le payement une deuxième fois et sa na pas marche veuillez me donner une autre méthode pour corriger cette erreur 

merci, cordialement.

0 Likes