Payment review

Highlighted
1 0 0
I had my payments put under review Thursday of last week and my current balance in cash that Shopify has is $32k. No one has reached out and i have no idea how to resolve. Can anyone help get our payment account off review and paid out?!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 175

Hey, @Westernbeer!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

I can certainly have a look into this for you. It is good to note that if your store is currently using Shopify Payments, we will often audit stores for a variety of reasons requesting photo ID and/or other supporting documentation from the account owner directly, to verify their identity and confirm their business details for underwriting purposes. (Read more here)- Section B - Article 3, Verification and Underwriting.

We initiate an audit to request photo ID for a number of reasons; it can range from a sudden spike in high-value orders being placed through Shopify Payments, a significant number of unfulfilled orders on the admin, an unusual number of chargebacks being issued, down to simply our banking partner requesting updated photo ID and re-confirming the account owners details for their own underwriting purposes.

It is usually nothing to be concerned about, and often once the documents requested are uploaded, they are reviewed within a few business days and you can continue as normal. In order to get this process started, I will just need to verify you as the account owner. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I can have a closer look for you.

Speak soon, 

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

I am also having the same problem. My site has been down since Sunday and I am super frustrated. I have emailed, contacted Shopify 3 times through chat (since they no longer give an option to call and actually talk to a person, which is ridiculous), and they tell me the same thing every time. Basically I am SOL until they send me an email, which also hasn’t happened. I have ad traffic being sent to a site that’s down, and i have orders sitting there that i can’t get out. This is beyond frustrating and ridiculous. I’ve been a Shopify customer for years, but this is causing me to seriously reconsider my options. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 175

Hi, @Wildjune.

Welcome to the thread. I am so sorry to hear about your site being down and I totally understand your frustration here. At the moment due to a massive amount of support volume we have moved some phone conversations to online chats and email here to help you faster. Thank you for your feedback though and I will certainly pass it along to our developers.  

I will happily take a look at your store for you and see if I can help out at all or I can perhaps reach out to the team for an update for you. In order to do so, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will take a closer look for you.

Speak soon! 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Lulu,

I am having the same problem with our two Shopify accounts. I was wondering if you could help me with these.

regards

David

0 Likes