Payment setting

Highlighted
2 0 0

Good afternoon, 

I'm currently starting up my shopify and as i'm adding in my payment for the payouts. But as i'm putting everything in, it's saying that my routing number is invalid. I even looked online and found my routing number for the bank i'm with. Can you help me out as i'm not exactly sure as what to do at this point? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello 

@EliteDripp wrote:

Good afternoon, 

I'm currently starting up my shopify and as i'm adding in my payment for the payouts. But as i'm putting everything in, it's saying that my routing number is invalid. I even looked online and found my routing number for the bank i'm with. Can you help me out as i'm not exactly sure as what to do at this point? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1026 87 114

Hi @EliteDripp,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

Are you located in the US? If so, for Shopify Payments, you would need to have a full checking account located in the US with your US financial institution. If you're using a savings account, or other speciality account type this can pose issues with payouts, and we will not support these account types.
Payoneer accounts or other money transfer services that mimic US-based bank accounts will not work with our system. Accounts must be able to accept ACH transfers as well. If you are based in Canada, you should be able to add a Canadian bank account as long as the checking account can accept USD. Have you been in contact with your bank in regards to the routing number? 

Thanks a mill, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Ted,

I did set up a USD account with my Canadian bank account. I’m not located
in the US. I’m from Toronto. I called in before and they said the same
thing. So I went to my bank and got a USD account. They gave my my routing
number and account number and I put everything in there correctly. It still
said “Routing number not found”. I called my bank, I looked up the routing
number for my bank online, I called Shopify support, nothing. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I would like to know as well, did you solve your problem?

0 Likes