Payment systems/providers for Hemp products

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello,

We are in the moment of launching our Hemp Food and Cosmetic product line in Ireland. Everything is all-natural, we will not sell extracts and etc. Our product range is made out of industrial hemp, which is legal to grow and produce in all of the EU. We are starting to get anxious because we are getting rejected by most of the payment systems/providers. Shopify Payments rejected us because their banks that they are partnered with does not accept CBD/Hemp companies. 

Authorize.net does not accept new companies. They have a sister company that accepts companies that only do 10k+ transactions per month.

Adyen has a restricted and prohibited product list that our production falls in.

Mondido banking partners do not accept companies that are registered in Ireland nor companies who offer CBD/HEMP product sales.

We will sell:

Hemp Seed Oil(cold pressed)

Hemp Seed Protein

Hulled Hemp Seed

Hemp Body Scrub

Hemp Leaf Tea

Hemp Bud Tea

Hemp Lip Balm

We want to start selling. This is the only thing stopping us at the moment. Could somebody recommend some other companies that accept start-up brands registered in Ireland and are fine with the company selling Hemp? 

Thank You.

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi @1gnatius,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I completely understand where you are coming from and yes as you mentioned because you are selling Hemp and Cosmetics it is one of the prohibited products to sell on Shopify Payments

What your best bet is to do here is to take a look through all of the available gateways Shopify is partnered with In Ireland which you can see here, and find one you resonate with and reach out to see if they are ok with being the payment gateway for the product you are selling. While it's not ideal and might take a little bit of time to figure out, it's the best way to find a gateway for your product. 

Hope this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi @1gnatius Tom from dijitul here. This is something we can help you with.

Our rates are under 4% and once you have started your application our payment solutions partner will let you know the exact rate we can offer you.

Our gateway and CBD merchant services are provided by one of the world’s leading authorities in online payments.

Head on over to our payment gateway page here https://dijitul.uk/cbd-payment-gateway/ to find out more information and start your application to start selling online. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
479 27 586

Hi @1gnatius,

Please refer to this link which will answer questions related to selling CBD products outside of the United States.

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi,

Did you find a provider? I'm in the same boat now but in the UK.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi @Daniel_Robertsh,

Similar to the situation @1gnatius is in for Ireland, your best bet is to take a look through the payment gateways Shopify is partnered with in the UK. You can see the payment gateways Shopify is partnered with in the UK here

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I will look into some companies and get it back to you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Similar to the situation @1gnatius is in for Ireland, your best bet is to take a look through the payment gateways Shopify is partnered with in the UK. You can see the payment gateways Shopify is partnered with in the UK here

I searched for this kind of information and then you shared this link. Thank you! By the way, I'm wondering if they will add more payment systems soon. I often travel from one place to another. I like Eastern Europe and old England the most. But people there don't use PayPal, for example. And so, every time I go to Europe, I use Fondy (fondy.eu/uk/). It's brand new, but in Europe it's very popular. British people knows how to deal with money.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 502

Hi @StroggCore,

Good question. Is there a particular country you are referring to a payment gateway being available in? I know our team is always working on this, but we wouldn't have any specific information on specific countries or gateways being available. If you let me know what you are thinking though, I can certainly pass it along on your behalf. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, we have the same problem here in France, would you also have a list of payment systems for France please ???

0 Likes