Payment using points only.

Highlighted
3 0 0

I am wondering if it is possible, likely through customization, to have a private store that accepts predefined points, assigned to a user. That is, a system or administrator would supply points to a user to purchase goods, rather than using actual currency.

Use case:

Client is looking for a system for employees to purchase supplies and tools that they shouldn't use their own money, but they want to implement a points based spend system. You get 1000 Apoints for your tools. 1000 Bpoints for your uniform. Both for the year. This hammer costs 30 Apoints. These coveralls cost 100 Bpoints. I could settle on only one stream of points and calculate totals after the fact. This would be a restricted employee store, so obviously available on the internet, but restricted to specific determined logins. Am I completely off the wall? Can someone please point me in the right direction if I am wrong?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm looking for a similar customization using points for all items. Has anyone built this in Sopify?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

not that I ever found. I ended up setting them up with a customized NopCommerce installation. Not the best but was necessary.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am also looking for the same solution. Points instead of Currency in the Shopify. How did you go about

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

The project in question ended up being put on hold, but I ended up coming up with the idea of just using store credits. I couldn't categorize the store credits, so that sucked, but I never got passed the prototyping stage.

Sorry :(

0 Likes