Payments (AU) Stripe is not included in 3rd party options

2 0 0

Hello,

I am In Australia and attempting to include Stripe as a 3rd party payment option. 

However it is not visible in the list.

Am I missing something?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 110 156

Hi, @Mobi,

Hank here from Shopify.

As Shopify payments are available in Australia, this would be why you are not seeing Stripe as they power Shopify Payments (SP). Is there a reason why you want to use Stripe independently of SP?

Shopify Payments is the premier gateway to use on our platform and is our main offering in the country you are located in, while Stripe is not an available offering in their region at this time. While you might have a preference for using a certain gateway (like Stripe), there are a host of benefits you would get for using Shopify Payments.

These include:

• 1. Shop Pay
  • 2. No transaction fees
  • 3. Competitive processing rates
  • 4. In-house support, with our support team as opposed to a third-party
  • 5. Financial reports, and detailed payout information
  • 6. Automated order reconciliation
  • 7. Automated chargeback handling
  • 8. High transaction approval rates

If there is anything else you can share with me, I can try to assist you further, but that would be the reason why Stripe is not appearing in your list independently. But I will share a list of the available payment gateways for those based in Australia here.

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Hank,

Thank you for your comprehensive response.
I am aware that Stripe processes the ‘Shopify payments (SP)’ and that a subscription app that I am interested in using (Bold Subscriptions) did use Stripe and now utilises SP.
It initially seemed that I could integrate Bold with Stripe.

There is a more comprehensive requirement behind this, in that our linked native app (iOS and Android) development partner, requires a solution that goes beyond this instance of the Shopify environment. There are other use cases that will be in other environments, with potentially large audiences, so it made sense to investigate this option.
We also had an existing Stripe account ready to link to.

It is a likely to be a problem for us to go forward, but I will investigate further if it is cut and dried that we cannot link to Stripe.

We do use SP in another small (non-related) store and works very well.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
952 110 156

Thank you for the additional context, my friend.

What I would like to do is take a closer look at this, and reach out to the internal billing team for further information to share with you.

Now as this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes