Solved

Why is my Shopify payments account on hold and what should I do next?

crumr0206
Tourist
4 1 1

Hello,

My store has been up and running for about a month. A few days ago I got the message that my payouts were on hold pending a standard review, but my customers could still place orders and check out. I had not received an email or any other messages regarding this review. I figured if it's a 'standard review' they'll do whatever they need to do and it'll be over soon. This message changed to,

"Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account

Contact Support for next steps on this standard review. This hold does not prevent your customers from checking out."

I sent an email to customer support as the chat feature is not available, inquiring as to what the next steps were...

Now I have a message stating:
"Your Shopify Payments account is on hold

Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments."

Again, I haven't received any additional information or requests from Shopify, so I have no clue what is going on or what I should do next. No response to my email that I sent to customer service either. Of course this is super frustrating and inconvenient. Can anyone assist me? Or has anyone experienced anything similar?

Accepted Solution (1)
crumr0206
Tourist
4 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Chris,

I finally got a response from customer service regarding my initial inquiry on the review - they said its a standard review - there was nothing I needed to do and they would contact me if they need any additional information to complete the review. I responded to them stating I now had the hold on my payments account and I needed to know what was happening because I paid for this service and suddenly I'm not able to use it with no explanation or estimated time frame - and that was unacceptable. Someone responded that they had the payments team expedite the review and remove the hold. 

The messages went away the same day.

I still don't know what prompted this or what was actually reviewed... So my best advice is to be stern with customer service and send the email as soon as possible because the turn around time for a response was about 24-36 hours.

View solution in original post

Replies 12 (12)

RandAlThor
Visitor
2 0 0

What products do you sell? There seem to be a lot of items that Shopify does not allow.

crumr0206
Tourist
4 1 1
I sell children's clothing. Nothing abnormal.

sarabbey
Visitor
1 0 1

I had $30 for bill and shopify took $60 out my account so i would  like a refund and you may put my account on hold thank you 

Chris378
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello I have the same problem. I've had this store for over a year no issues. I also have not received an email saying why this is happening. How long is the review?

crumr0206
Tourist
4 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Chris,

I finally got a response from customer service regarding my initial inquiry on the review - they said its a standard review - there was nothing I needed to do and they would contact me if they need any additional information to complete the review. I responded to them stating I now had the hold on my payments account and I needed to know what was happening because I paid for this service and suddenly I'm not able to use it with no explanation or estimated time frame - and that was unacceptable. Someone responded that they had the payments team expedite the review and remove the hold. 

The messages went away the same day.

I still don't know what prompted this or what was actually reviewed... So my best advice is to be stern with customer service and send the email as soon as possible because the turn around time for a response was about 24-36 hours.

kndythelabel
Visitor
3 0 0

Could you please let me know which customer support you contacted? I've tried calling and contacting their Instagram but I'm getting no response. I'm having the same problem, how did you contact customer support?

Chris378
Tourist
5 0 1
Chris378
Tourist
5 0 1

https://www.facebook.com/shopify/
Use the Facebook messenger to contact them! That’s what I did.. hope this helps!

crumr0206
Tourist
4 1 1

I emailed them at this address: support@shopify.com 

cordi0719
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm dealing with Shopify Payments On Hold and I need this fixed ASAP.

PLEASE HELP!

Coolcleverstuff
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi There 

I have the exact same issue !!

I am a new account and made sales however Shopify is holding onto my sales money.

the issue i had was i was selling some marvel products. was told about this. 

then i deleted them from my store and confirm this in several emails however my account is still pending since 19th February !!!

Sent several emails to support but email address seems to be incorrect.

Loosing the will here and trying to run a buisiness.

please HELP PLEASE !!

Sdunbar
Visitor
1 0 0

I am so glad I found this thread. 

I opened a store on 3/12/2021 and had the red banner of doom that evening. I sent in all the requested documents that night and still have yet to receive an answer other than "it's in our queue". 

I just messaged their Facebook page, so hopefully I will get some sort of feedback soon. It has been 30 days now, I have thousands waiting in Shopify payments to be deposited and I am to the point of pure frustration.