Payments are getting declined for my customers

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, I am the store owner of Mariano Designer Store

I've been getting some complaints from some of my customers about payments being declined.

this one customer sent me a picture and it looks like he tried 2-3 different cards and they were all declined.

they all had they same error that looked like this...Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 2.53.42 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 150

Hey, @MarianoDesginer!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

I appreciate you sharing a screenshot in your post! This is definitely helpful and I can see here that this particular transaction was declined with a decline code, do_not_honorDecline codes can be really useful in determining exactly why a transaction has failed. 

As Shopify Payments is powered by Stripe, I took a look at Stripe's help documentation to see if they had any information about this particular decline code and managed to find this help doc, which indicates: 

If a card is declined with the decline codedo_not_honor, the only way to resolve this is to ask your customer to reach out to their card-issuing bank to look at the transaction and determine why it was declined. Customers should provide the bank with the charge amount, date/time, and the company name for assistance.

Stripe is not given any additional information beyond the decline code and cannot provide insight into why the card was declined.

So, this would tell us that the issue is on the cardholder's end and that there are no issues with your payment gateway. At this point, I would suggest that you have your customers contact their banks for more information. They should be able to offer them some insight.

I hope this helps!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes