Solved

Why is my online store's payment account on hold?

TheWatchshop
4 0 0

Hi,

I set up my shopify payements account a little while back and once i got an order , there was a message on my homepage that my Shopify payments account is on hold. I have not received any mail from Shopify regarding any paperwork .I  was wondering when will the freeze be released so that I can start my online store as soon as possible without any payments issue

Accepted Solutions (2)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @TheWatchshop!

This is Lana from Shopify.

You mentioned that you did not receive any emails from us regarding the hold, so I was wondering if you checked your spam/junk folders as well? If can often happen that our emails end up received as spam, so I would recommend to check it if you have not done so already!

I also wanted to ask about the message that you're seeing in your admin, does it happen to have a button that allows you to Submit documents? Or does it instead say Contact Support? If you are only seeing the message to get in contact with our support, then the next step for you is to go through our live support here so that we can take a look into this hold for you. The reason that you need to go through our live support is because we currently do not have the ability to look into your account details from the Shopify Community.

If you have any other questions here please do let me know.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

I see! In that case you may need to give it some time - keep an eye on your emails, and if you find that you're waiting but nothing is arriving, you can try going through our live support as I suggested earlier. 

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hello @TheWatchshop!

This is Lana from Shopify.

You mentioned that you did not receive any emails from us regarding the hold, so I was wondering if you checked your spam/junk folders as well? If can often happen that our emails end up received as spam, so I would recommend to check it if you have not done so already!

I also wanted to ask about the message that you're seeing in your admin, does it happen to have a button that allows you to Submit documents? Or does it instead say Contact Support? If you are only seeing the message to get in contact with our support, then the next step for you is to go through our live support here so that we can take a look into this hold for you. The reason that you need to go through our live support is because we currently do not have the ability to look into your account details from the Shopify Community.

If you have any other questions here please do let me know.

Thanks! -Lana

TheWatchshop
4 0 0

Hi, Yes it says contact support and when I do that is says we will send an email but I didn’t get one

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

I see! In that case you may need to give it some time - keep an eye on your emails, and if you find that you're waiting but nothing is arriving, you can try going through our live support as I suggested earlier. 

TheWatchshop
4 0 0

That's What I did and it said that we will send an email, which I haven't got

TheWatchshop
4 0 0

Can you take off the Payments on hold, cause I don't see why you put it on in the first place, thx

Maduser
4 0 0

That has not worked mine was similar however I waited the 120 days now I would like the money owed and no replies from payments or anyone this is crazy cause I honored my customer I'm new to all this and it caused me a serious hardship