Payments setting

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0
I try to setup my Shopify payments but my date of birth is the problem I don’t know why I can not use my real date of birth. Is giving me invalid. I try to see if I used another date of birth but I can not find anything.1990-9-9. Is my real date of birth. I don’t know what to do and i can not move on. Am just here and I have a lot to setup. Please I need help tell me what the problem is
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3153 237 521

Hi @Miss,

Nick here from Shopify. 

This does sound very strange if I'm being perfectly honest. I've never heard of the settings not accepting the date of birth before. Could you screenshot where exactly you are having the error and the error message you are receiving please as that will give me a much more clear idea of where you are in the process and how to rectify this for you then? Could you also let me know what country your store is based out of? Just to make sure it is one which complies with Shopify Payments as it isn't available worldwide. 

Shopify has a guide for setting up Shopify Payments which you can see here, but it doesn't mention anything about date of birth or personal settings, mainly bank account settings. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 6

Hi any help here? im new to shopify ust launced and cant set up payments as it says my dob is invalid. Ive tried so many combinations

0 Likes
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3153 237 521

Hi @Grips,

When putting your DOB into the field, it needs to be exactly the same as shown below the input box. Just to confirm, do you mean the DOB as seen in the screenshot below when you go to Settings > Payment Providers > Complete Account Setup > Personal Details

20-01-aabl6-54b9j

When inputting the detail here you would need to add the dashes (-) also. So for example, it would be 1985-03-12 . 

Would you be able to try that and let me know, please? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi, i'm having the same issue and i did what you suggested plus other different ways

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3153 237 521

Hi @dsm6,

That is very strange. Can I ask what country you are based in and what is showing up when you try to enter your DOB details in? Is there an error message or does it just not go through for you? If you could give me the exact details it would be hugely helpful in troubleshooting this for you. Let me know!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

i tried setting up my payment it says yyyy/mm/dd so i put in 2000/07/10 but it keeps on saying its invalid  and i am based in singapore!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3153 237 521

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @harithizn, can you try adding it in like 2000-07-10 instead of 2000/07/10. So using a - instead of a /. Let me know if that works for you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
Yes it works im so stupid ahahha thank u
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hey I was wondering if you can help me with the same problem. I keep trying and it keeps telling me its invalid for some reason i tried / and also the - and neither worked.
0 Likes