Payout Failed

Nininoka22
2 0 1

I recently open my store and I am struggling to recieve my first payout. I copy and pasted my correct account information and shopify is telling me my payout failed. I tried to update my info and the server keeps telling me I need to enter my old account information but I don't have any old account information. I've had the same account. I tried the chat service and they didn't give me any helpful information. Is there anyway I can get my card information reset? Or a phone number I can call? I'm a new store owner and this is very stressful for me! 

VickRom
8 0 0

I have the same payout failed problem. No one to connect with, the information I entered is correct, and I can't change to another because the system keeps telling me the information from the first "failed" attempt is incorrect. My bank has no record of any attempt. Why is this so difficult. HELP!

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
668 43 84

@Nininoka22 wrote:

I recently open my store and I am struggling to recieve my first payout. I copy and pasted my correct account information and shopify is telling me my payout failed. I tried to update my info and the server keeps telling me I need to enter my old account information but I don't have any old account information. I've had the same account. I tried the chat service and they didn't give me any helpful information. Is there anyway I can get my card information reset? Or a phone number I can call? I'm a new store owner and this is very stressful for me! 

Hi, @Nininoka22!

Sophia here from Shopify. I'm sorry to hear that the chat you had with our Support team wasn't helpful. Can you please share the ticket number from that interaction with me here so I can look into it? If there's any additional feedback you'd like to provide about that experience, please feel free to share that here.

If you copied and pasted the account information during the Shopify Payments setup and are sure it is correct, there may be another reason that the payout failed. However, it sounds like there may have been a typo if you're trying to reenter it now and the system isn't recognizing it as the "old" information on file.

In order to resolve this, I'll need to put you in touch with our Account Integrity team via email so they can verify the account information with you. Our general Support team over the phone and live chat can create a ticket to put you in touch with Account Integrity as well, but please note that the Account Integrity team only communicates via email. If you've not been in touch with our team since your last chat, please let me know and I'll start a new ticket to get this resolved for you as soon as possible.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
668 43 84

@VickRom wrote:

I have the same payout failed problem. No one to connect with, the information I entered is correct, and I can't change to another because the system keeps telling me the information from the first "failed" attempt is incorrect. My bank has no record of any attempt. Why is this so difficult. HELP!

Hi, @VickRom!

Sophia here from Shopify. It sounds like you've had a tough time getting in touch with our Support team. We are here to help 24/7 via live chat and email. Callbacks are also available to schedule through the Shopify Help Center whenever contact volume permits. If you were running into any issues with the Help Center, please let me know so our developers can investigate.

If the failed payout error states that the bank account information is incorrect, our Account Integrity team can help you adjust the information on file. I understand how important it is to ensure that your payouts are transferred smoothly, so I'm happy to help you get this fixed as soon as possible. Have you been in touch with Shopify Support since posting here? If so, please share your ticket number so I can make sure it's with the right team. Otherwise, I can absolutely start a new ticket for you.

0 Likes
VickRom
8 0 0

Sophia, Thanks for your response. I have not heard from anyone from your support or fraud team. There is no link to any sort of live chat with either of those parties. As mentioned before, I can't fix any typo problem with my bank information if I don't know what it is. I really would like a solution. Can the payments be routed to a debit card or some other vehicle. Please help!

0 Likes
kiannavestuto
2 0 0

I am having the same exact issue and I'm definitely ready to take some sort of action against Shopify. I've had "pending" and "failed" payouts since JULY (it's nearly November now), and I never once changed any of my bank account details. I've even gone back to re-enter the "old" bank account, which is the one I started this account with and have proof of in my bank statements from Shopify, but it is still telling me "Old account must match the information we have on file." I have contacted my bank, and everything is clear on their end, I have double and triple checked. My bank told me to contact Shopify, but oh, guess what, there's NO WAY TO DIRECTLY CONTACT SHOPIFY.

SHOPIFY TEAM: It is absolutely RIDICULOUS that I have gone nearly four months with this UNRESOLVED ISSUE. I need someone to contact me immediately about this or I will be sure to spread word about Shopify scamming.

0 Likes
Nininoka22
2 0 1

Hello @Sophia 

Its been almost a week and my issue still hasn't been resolved! I talked to two chat people Markof R  ticket number 20200958. He seemed very confused about this problem and it took him forever to understand what I was trying to explain to him and his response time was very slow. The second person I talked to was Mitch H ticket number 20216198, he was more helpful and understood what I was explaining but he told me the Mark already put in an request for me to talk to the accounts team. I got an email from Sim K (shopify support  advisor) on the 19th and he said that I would have to wait longer until the accounts team can help me.

Is there anything you can do for me so I can get this issue solved quicker? I want my payment account info reset or I would like to know what info I typed in, so I can change my info myself.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
668 43 84

@VickRom wrote:

Sophia, Thanks for your response. I have not heard from anyone from your support or fraud team. There is no link to any sort of live chat with either of those parties. As mentioned before, I can't fix any typo problem with my bank information if I don't know what it is. I really would like a solution. Can the payments be routed to a debit card or some other vehicle. Please help!

Thank you for following up with me here, @VickRom. I've sent you an email so we can verify the account and get this request to our Account Integrity team. Whenever you have a moment, please respond to that email from the account owner email address, and our Account Integrity team will be able to help you correct the bank account information for your Shopify Payments account. 

To clarify, there's only one live chat link in the Shopify Help Center, which allows you to get in touch with our general Support team. The Account Integrity team communicates exclusively via email, so our general Support team can create a ticket to put you in touch with them. If you need to start a live chat in the future, enter a topic in the Help Center and proceed to the contact options by selecting "Continue" near the bottom of the page. 

20-10-rtk1w-yq6et.gif

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
668 43 84

@kiannavestuto wrote:

I am having the same exact issue and I'm definitely ready to take some sort of action against Shopify. I've had "pending" and "failed" payouts since JULY (it's nearly November now), and I never once changed any of my bank account details. I've even gone back to re-enter the "old" bank account, which is the one I started this account with and have proof of in my bank statements from Shopify, but it is still telling me "Old account must match the information we have on file." I have contacted my bank, and everything is clear on their end, I have double and triple checked. My bank told me to contact Shopify, but oh, guess what, there's NO WAY TO DIRECTLY CONTACT SHOPIFY.

SHOPIFY TEAM: It is absolutely RIDICULOUS that I have gone nearly four months with this UNRESOLVED ISSUE. I need someone to contact me immediately about this or I will be sure to spread word about Shopify scamming.

Hello, @kiannavestuto.

I understand how frustrating this must be, and I appreciate that you've been in touch with your bank to ensure there are no issues with your account. It sounds like you may have had payouts sent successfully before July. Is that correct, or have you not yet received any payout?

Shopify Support is available 24/7 through live chat and email in the Shopify Help Center. You can find the contact options either by logging in (where callbacks will also be listed as an option of current contact volume permits) or by continuing without logging in where you'll still have access to the live chat and email options. I've posted a screen recording in this thread to demonstrate what the process looks like. I see that Elle shared the steps with you here as well.

Have you been in touch with Shopify Support since posting this? If not, please let me know and I can send you an email to put you in touch with our Account Integrity team to help you get your payouts on track to the correct account. Thank you.

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
668 43 84

@Nininoka22 wrote:

Hello @Sophia 

Its been almost a week and my issue still hasn't been resolved! I talked to two chat people Markof R  ticket number 20200958. He seemed very confused about this problem and it took him forever to understand what I was trying to explain to him and his response time was very slow. The second person I talked to was Mitch H ticket number 20216198, he was more helpful and understood what I was explaining but he told me the Mark already put in an request for me to talk to the accounts team. I got an email from Sim K (shopify support  advisor) on the 19th and he said that I would have to wait longer until the accounts team can help me.

Is there anything you can do for me so I can get this issue solved quicker? I want my payment account info reset or I would like to know what info I typed in, so I can change my info myself.

Hello, @Nininoka22.

Thank you for sharing those ticket numbers as well as your experience with our live chat support. I know it must be frustrating to be waiting longer than anticipated for a response on such an important matter, but please rest assured that you did everything you needed to do with your first ticket (20200958). All of our teams are receiving a large number of support requests at this time, and we're doing our best to work through them all. Creating multiple tickets for the same issue may slow things down rather than result in a quicker response. Please check ticket 20200958 for a reply and follow up directly on that ticket if you have any further questions about your Shopify Payments account. Thank you so much.

0 Likes