Payout Failure - couldn't connect with my bank account

Kennis
1 0 0

I've tried to connect shopify payment with my Hong Kong bank account for payout, however, it's still not success no matter how many times i tried. I even contacted my bank many times to make sure the bank code and branch code is correct. My back account accept HKD and USD currency and I have already chose HKD as the payout currency, but still not success. As i have been stuck in this issue for a super long time, can anyone help me on this issue?

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
808 41 130

Hey, @Kennis!

I'm sorry to hear that, I'd like to look into this further for you now. If you are seeing there are failed payouts, it may be because you've entered your bank account details incorrectly (typos are common here!) when you were setting up your Shopify Payments account. If there is a digit or two incorrectly added, the payouts will fail and you will be asked to update your account details. It can be difficult to then enter the correct details if you're not sure what you initially entered by mistake, as we cannot show the old bank details for security reasons.

We can still help here though! I can ask our Financial Services team to review this or you in order to rectify the details on file. I've reached out to the email address linked to your Community Forums account here, would you be able to reply to that email? If you can, I'll be able to authenticate you as the account owner so I can then send this over to the Finacial Services team on your behalf. You should see my email in your inbox under ticket #19708896. If you can reply to that email, we can get started!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Jayan
1 0 0

I am also from Hong Kong. I have exactly the same issue as Kennis’s. Feel frustrated, don’t know what to do ...

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
808 41 130

Hi, @Jayan!

Not to worry, I'm sure we can figure this out for you too. I've also sent out an email to you, would you be able to reply to that email? If you can, I'll be able to authenticate you as the account owner so I can look into this issue for you. You should see my email in your inbox under ticket #20307429. If you can reply to that email, we can get started!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
exo-6
4 0 0

Hello @Ava

We are having the same issue with a hong kong bank. Can you start a ticket for me? 

Best,

Charmaine

exo-6

0 Likes