Payout bank account - Change of details

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

I need to change the bank details of my payout bank account, but I don't have my old account number and sort code. The old account was web based and has been deleted due to lack of use while I was building my Shopify store. I have no way of finding out the old details that are normally required to update the account number and sort.

Could a Shopify rep please assist? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 39 83

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @adamct

Thanks for your post! I can certainly help you out. Can you double check the following to see if you can access the information you need?  

• Look for a Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Access Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting a bank representative: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Search for a paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

If you're unable to retrieve these details, please check your email as I have sent you a message with the next steps to take. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you @Ren7 for responding so quickly - I have replied to the email.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hello

I can’t find my old account information as I closed this account but need to update a new bank account to recieve payouts, how do I do this?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 39 83

Hi @RandyB

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you confirm you were unable to find the old number by any of the following measures: 

• Look for a Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Access Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting a bank representative: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Search for a paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

If you're unable to retrieve these details, that's okay. I have reached out via email to provide you the next steps! 

Thanks, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi 

We have the same issue, please could you reset our bank account? we don't have anymore access to the bank account numbers.

Thank you very much for your help

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 39 83

Hello @MikeDelphino

Thanks for reaching out. I have sent you a secure email to get the process of resolving this for you started. Please respond via email as directed. 

Cheers, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi @Ren7, my name is Anderson and I'm having the same issue that @adamct is having. I've tried contacting my both my banks and no one can help me get the old information. Would you be able to help me in the same way?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 39 83

Hi @khxos

Thanks for reaching out, I can certainly help. I have sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please follow up as directed and we can proceed with an escalation to our Accounts team to help you out. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi @Ren7 

I'm having the same issue as everyone else is. I find it curious that i'm being asked to update my bank details when I haven't changed them in years. 

i can't get access what I entered into on my account to be able to change it but i do have the information required. 

Hopefully you can provide me with assistance 

Michael

0 Likes