Payout bank account - Change of details

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 86

Hey @Christineenvall

Ren here from the Shopify support team, thanks for reaching out! 

Just to confirm, have you gone through the list to see if you are able to retrieve the bank number required to proceed? 

• Look for a Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Access Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting a bank representative: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Search for a paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

Please give that a shot and if you're unable to find the number in order to make your bank account changes, get back to me here and I can assist further. 

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi i have the same issue. I lost my old card and got a replacement but the payout still has the old card on file and i have no way of changing it to get my money and i need it as soon as possible. Please assist me with a quick response and an answer to my problem. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm using the correct old routing number old and account number, yet I still can't deposit the nor try a new bank account. i need help 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I’m also struggling with the same problem, is there anyway you can reset my bank information so I can add new information and Receive my payouts 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @Ren7 

I also don't have access to the old routing and account number. I've called paypal several times to get this information, but it's lost now. If I could get that email as well that would be great. 

Thank you so much 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 86

Hello @symphonyfari

Thanks for reaching out. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email with further instructions. Please respond when you have a chance and we can move forward from there.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 86

Hi @syahsamone

Thanks for letting me know. I have gone ahead and reached out with a secure email to gather some more details. Please respond when you have a chance and we can move forward from there. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 86

Hi @Day 

To clarify, are you trying to change your Shopify Payments bank account details or your PayPal email/account? If it's the Shopify Payment bank details, please be sure you've exhausted the following first: 

• Look for a Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the account in question
  • Access Online Banking: Check to see if you still have access to the bank account login. You could log in to online banking (if available) and should be able to locate the banking details there.
  • Contacting a bank representative: You could also contact your bank directly to request the old banking details.
  • Search for a paper statement from bank: See if you have an old paper statement in your files from your bank to find these details (if available)

If so, we can proceed with a secure email to get you helped out. 

In the event this is regarding PayPal changes, you should be able to do this by going to Settings > Payments and under PayPal Checkout, deactivate your account then log-in to PayPal with the new account. It should redirect you to the PayPal site to proceed with activating it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm trying to change my bank account details for payouts.  I used the routing and account number of my paypal but  now it's different and I don't have the old info. @Ren7 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
573 40 86

Thanks for clarifying, @Day. I have gone ahead and sent you a secure email to get the ball rolling on an escalation for you. Please follow the directions in your response and we can proceed from there. 

0 Likes