Payout currency different to store currency

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi

I am in the process of opening a store that is selling in the US and i live in the UK.  The store has defaulted to the US, so when i want to put in my bank details for a payout it wants me to give US bank details and SSN no.  I can get a US bank Acc but i dont have a SSN.

Should the store have been opened in the UK and just change the currency that im selling in, or what can be done now.

Can i change the settings for a payout method

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 86 173

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Dannii616!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

If you are living in the UK then the best thing to do is to change your location to the UK in the Shopify admin. This will allow you to set up the correct Shopify Payments account as different documents are needed depending on which country you are in. An SSN is a requirement for a Shopify Payments account in the US. You can change your store location under 'settings > general'. 

You can still sell in US currency if you wish and you can still target the US with all your marketing campaigns. The currency in your store settings will be the currency that you price your products in and that's used in your reports. The payout will also always be in the bank account currency. 

We have a guide all about this in our help centre here. Have a look and let me know if you have any other questions at all.

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm trying to do the opposite, my payout method is currently in GDP but I want it in USD.

How did you initially set it to USD bank payout currency? Is it the address?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hi

Yes it is a bit complicated so you have to deactivate payment methods in Settings, General then you will be able to change the country you are in. It will payout the currency from the country you are in, but you can selling in different currencies.

Does that make sense.
0 Likes