Payout to PayPal?

Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi Guys

Im wondering if its possible to have my payouts made to my PayPal instead of my bank account (the money that is paid via shopifyPayments)?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @ThomasPanz,

Nick here from Shopify. 

That wouldn't be possible in this instance. The only way you could have your payouts go to your PayPal account would be from the sales made via the PayPal payment gateway you have set up on your store. Any other of the sales would have to go to the bank account located in the Shopify Payment region you are in or another payment gateway which you selected. 

Hope this helps and answers your question! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! So someone purchased from me but the money is not in my PayPal. Are you saying that if they paid through regular card then it’ll go to my bank account? If so how long would that take? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @jazminleal96,

If someone paid for a product in your store via PayPal, the money would go directly into your PayPal account and not your bank. The payout time is something you would need to contact PayPal about directly, this is something only they can advise you on in terms of their gateway. 

If someone paid for a product via card through another gateway on your store, then the money would go directly to the bank account you have associated with your store. If you are using Shopify payments you can see the following payout times depending on which country you are based in: 

• 2 Days - Australia & United States
  • 3 Days - Austria, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, United Kingdom
  • 4 Days - Hong Kong SAR China, Italy, Singapore, Sweden

You can see more about this in the guide Shopify has about getting paid with Shopify Payments here

If you used a gateway other than Shopify Payments, you would need to contact the gateway directly to find out their payout times. This is something they would know and be in control of. 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes