Payout was different from the amount of sale

Solved
Alyciamsv
2 0 1

Hello, we recently launched our online website. In the first we days we did about 900 in sales which includes shipping. We used pirate ship as our third party shipping app. I thought we had pay the shipping through pirate ship and the total 900 in sales from shopify would be deposited into our account. When the payouts were processed it seems the money for shipping was taking out of our shopify account but we were also charged on pirate ship. We only recieved about 600 from shopify. Is there any way to verify where the other $300 went? Or why we were charged for shipping on shopify but also charged from pirate ship?

Thank you,
Alycia

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3648 304 703

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Alyciamsv

Nick here from Shopify. Good question! 

Firstly, congrats on launching your store and first month of sales and I can completely understand why you would be questioning this payout missing. I'm wondering if it could be a few different things, but it is difficult to know exactly what is happening without taking a closer look in your store admin. 

You said you recently launched, can I ask which gateways you're using and if you have set up with a third party gateway such as PayPal also? Just to make sure they are all set up and working properly to get your payouts. It could also be worth reaching out to Pirate Ship directly to see if they had any charges also. $300 seems quite steep but it would be best to reach out to them just to be sure. You can reach them directly here or at their support email - support@pirateship.com.

But as I touched on above it is difficult to fully know why this might be without taking a closer look. Currently we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, but if you would like to speak to someone in real time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our support team here and log in to your account to create a support request.

Let me know about the payment gateways and we can take it from there. 

Thanks, Nick 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Alyciamsv
2 0 1

Thank you nick! I had forgotten we had connected our paypal. I just checked and it was there thanks again and sorry for the confusion.

Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3648 304 703

Hi @Alyciamsv,

Thanks for getting back and letting me know this, great to hear, and no need to apologize at all, what we're here for! 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes