Payouts not visible after orders

johnnyxjames
Visitor
2 0 0

I opened my store a few weeks ago and recently had two orders completed via PayPal. The orders are processing and being fulfilled. I've been able to see my calculated profit as well. However, when I go to payouts, it shows no payouts and no transactions. Not sure how and when payouts happen. Please advise.

Replies 3 (3)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

Hey, @johnnyxjames. Congratulations on your orders! That’s really wonderful to hear you’ve had such immediate results. How have you been marketing your business?

The payouts that you’ll find in your Shopify admin by going to ‘Settings > Payments > View payouts’ will be for payments processed through Shopify Payments only. Since other gateways such as Paypal are third party providers, the processing of payments happens within their platform, and so does the payout. Therefore, you’ll have to login to your Paypal account to see those payouts. Does that make sense?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

johnnyxjames
Visitor
2 0 0

We are marketing to friends and family first, which is an entrepreneurs usual path. 🙂 So we are having success there but still have a very small social presence. Just realized today we need to get on Pinterest. Anywayzz.

Thanks for the support. We are trying to figure out the Paypal payout situation so I will go that direction to learn more. Thanks.

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 286

You’re welcome, @johnnyxjames! Were you able to find your payouts in your Paypal account for those orders? 

Marketing through social media is definitely a great strategy to pursue. In case you haven’t come across it yet, the Facebook channel allows you to connect your Shopify catalogue in order to use it in:

That's cool that you are looking to get on to Pinterest; It's an effective way to get your products discovered. Have you already added the Pinterest app to your store?  This app is free to install, and is supported by Pinterest directly. So, if you would like to discuss it’s functionality further or need a hand with setting it up, you can get in touch with them at: shopify-help@pinterest.com.

I wish you all the best! If you have any other questions or concerns, let me know.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.