Payouts on hold I’m bummed :(

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
I did a home decor pop up at a 50th birthday party and the lady used her visa gift cards to buy furniture. I woke up this morning to submit my ID, Utility Bill, Business License and inventory invoice.

Should I just cancel the customers order so she can get her money back?

When will this be resolved?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 101 247

Hey there, @MidMinFarm 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this inconvenience. Generally speaking when it comes to reviews like this, once you submit everything that has been requested it takes 2-4 business days for it to be resolved. This document request is part of a standard procedure for stores that use Shopify Payments to process payments from their customers. Once our Accounts Team reviews that, the store will be back to normal. You can read up more on this in section B.3 of our Terms of Service.

As for your customer, I would not recommend refunding the items just yet as the funds should be released to you within a few days! 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1
I refunded the customers. They were very unhappy. I read too many horror stories of people waiting 90 days or never getting a payout at all.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi!

I just had a payout on hold notification on my store too today! I have contacted support and i'm now waiting to hear back from them. I sell Drones with custom mods for my clients but i need the payout to buy parts so i can fulfill orders. Was just wondering if your issue has been resolved? this is making me nervous!

0 Likes