Payouts on hold

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I have a new store and in my just second sale, my payout was put on hold. Many people would feel how hard it is to hold your payouts early stage of the business.

I've contacted the support team but they seem helpless and all they can do is refer my massage to the risk team or whatever.

They said it'll take from 24 to 72 hours but it's almost over a week now.

Any suggestion for solving such a problem?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
796 41 122

Hey, @Maoodhah!

I'm sorry to hear that, I can understand your frustration. Shopify Payments accounts are often reviewed by our higher support team. This is to protect customers shopping on the platform from fraudulent behaviour; we must ensure you are adhering to the Shopify Payments Terms of Service. Section B.3 here goes over the holding process until an account is verified!

Our higher support team is seeing a high-level of queries at the moment, and they are working as hard as they can to reply to everyone. If you have submitted the documents they asked for, then there is no further action that can be taken until the team completes their review. To complete their review, they will need to assess your information, then send it along to our banking partners, who power the financial side of Shopify Payments. They, in turn, need to conduct their own reviews to ensure every merchant they are offering their services to is authenticated. Once you are approved by our banking partners and our own higher support team, the hold will be taken off your payouts and your funds will be released!

The support agents here on the Community Forums or on our live chat/phone service would not have any new information, or would not be able to see any updates from the team. We would not have the same level of access to your account as the higher support team would, so they are the best people to chat to regarding your account. To speak with them directly, you can reply to the email where you have already been chatting. 

Thank you for your patience, the team here are doing their best for you so I'm sure this will be resolved soon! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes