Payouts still go to my Old Bank Account after 2 days of updating

Highlighted
3 0 0

Recently, I updated the Payouts banking account to a new account, but even after 2 days of updating the information, the payouts still go into the old account #.  Why?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
21 3 4

Hi @,

Finley from Shopify here.

To clarify, are these your payouts from Shopify Payments account?

When editing your Shopify Payments bank information, any payouts that were created prior to your bank account update will be sent to the original details on file.

Your payouts are created 1-2 days in advance of them appearing in your Shopify Admin and a transfer cannot be adjusted, which should be why you would see payouts still going to the old bank account.

Because it's been more than a few days now, as long as the new bank details were entered correctly, I suspect that you are now receiving your payouts to the correct bank account. However, if you are still having an issue with this, please let me know!

Failed payouts

Another point to make is that sometimes a payout can fail. This can occur due to a few reasons such as:

The Shopify admin will be notified of failed payouts within 5-7 business days and you will see the reason for the failure. Once valid bank details are added, the payout will automatically retry within 72 hours.

You may also find out Shopify Payments FAQ guide handy as it goes through many commonly asked questions about:

• Shopify Payments payouts
  • Your Shopify Payments account
  • Your location and currency
  • Purchases and refunds
  • Chargebacks and declined payments

Keeping in mind that any third-party payment providers most likely have a different process, so any questions about these gateways should be directed to the third-party support team.

I hope this helps, feel free to reach out if you need a hand!

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I dont think this topic has anything to do with me... @Finley xD

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
21 3 4

Hey, @Adea!

Apologies for my mistake, thank you for catching this. I've updated my response now to include the correct person.

You should have the option to unsubscribe from the notifications of this thread if you'd like.

I hope you're having a wonderful day!

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes