Paypal Account Optional not working properly

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi everyone! I have a big problem and hope you guys can help me out! So I'm living in Bulgaria and I can't use Shopify payments or Sripe and other payment gateaways want me to have some kind of company related documents which I don't. And after 2 days of brainstorming and searching the web I've found that PayPal can process payments without an actual PayPal account. I tried everything I turned on "Paypal Account Optional" it worked I saw "Pay with credit card" at the bottom but then after refreshing it disappeared. Can you please help me out? Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 76 273

Hey, there!

With PayPal Express, the default is set to ask customers to log in to PayPal (or create a PayPal Account). That said, inside your PayPal Business account, you can allow customers to pay with their credit card even if they don't have their own PayPal account. To enable this feature, you need to have linked your own credit card to your PayPal account. One thing that is important to note is that, in some countries, PayPal requires that customers pay by using a PayPal account. What this means is, even if you have this feature enabled in your Paypal account, it may not appear at checkout as your location isn't eligible for it. For this, I'd recommend contacting Paypal support as they'd be able to confirm your countries eligibility. 

What payment providers have you already approached? I ask because there are about 17 payment processors available for Bulgaria, so while some may require business documents, there is a chance that others may not. I'd recommend reaching out to each service to inquire further on what you can get setup within your store. 

-Peter

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Thank you so much for your reply! 

I might try with Checkout.com  and see what happens! Thanks again have a nice one!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi there! Me again, sorry to bother again and again, but it's been 2 days and no company has reached to me still. I tried to email 3 of them and didn't receive anything. Can you please tell me which site doesn't request any company related documents?  Because i'm stuck here only with paypal but want to integrate some  gateaway for accepting credit cards also. I'm really stuck, that's why i repeatedly bother you guys. Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1241 76 273

Hey, again!

This wouldn't be information we have on hand I'm afraid, however, most businesses have a typical response rate of 24-72 business hours. Given that we just got through the weekend, that could be the cause for the delay. It may be worth replying back the original email you sent to each business to see if that can help action a reply from them. 

-Peter

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes