Paypal - Auto Return for Website Payments

2 0 0

Hi There,

Currently we have Paypal Express Checkout enabled.  

I need to know if we should have the Auto Return enabled in Paypal and if so what address it should link to back on our Shopify site?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
128 0 9

Hey Tyson,

Auto Return isn't actually useful to configure with PayPal Express and Shopify, since the customer can be taken through one of two different paths of the checkout:

• Clicking the the PayPal button directly on the cart screen will direct them to PayPal to login, then back towards the Shopify checkout to finalize the details and place the order
  • Proceeding through the checkout as usual, filling out the shipping/billing information, then selecting PayPal in the final stage (the payment/shipping options screen) will direct them to PayPal to login, then back to Shopify to finalize

Either way, they'll be directed back to your store to complete the purchase, then on the order confirmation page, there's an automatically generated link to return to your storefront.  Auto Return becomes more important with other PayPal checkout services.  

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Alek, I have disabled this function.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Is there a way to customize the final page in shopify's checkout process? The paypal auto return allows for a custom URL, but I can't seem to find if shopify does the same?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
128 0 9

Hey Walter,

Currently, there isn't a way to customize that on Shopify's end.  It needs to follow through the usual checkout process.  

The checkout's language is translatable, and the CSS customizable, but nothing else can be altered about it at will.  This is to avoid the potential of abuse.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Alek. How do I find the order confirmation URL for tracking purposes?

0 Likes