Paypal Create Account button leads to credit card checkout

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi all, 

I'm having an issue with Paypal Express Checkout. When I hit the PayPal button, it redirects me to its page for checkout and that's great. I can pay either using my Paypal account or credit card as a guest. However, the issue is the second button as in the image below:

Untitled1.png

It button text "CREATE ACCOUNT" should be as indicated in the second image below:

Untitled2.png

What is really strange here is that even though the button says CREATE ACCOUNT, it actually leads to checkout using credit/debit card!!! So CONFUSING AND MISLEADING!!!!!!! Even more weird is the fact that sometimes I get the right button, and sometimes the wrong one (image 1) using the same browser from the same computer!!! What the heck?!

Does anyone know how to fix this error and keep the button as shown in image 2? 

Just to clarify - the functionality is working, only the wording (button) is going nuts.

Any help much appreciated!

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

Hey, @JustasT!

With PayPal Express, the default is set to ask customers to log in to PayPal (or create a PayPal Account)., however, if you have "Guest Checkout" enabled, then eligible users will be able to checkout without an account. It is quite strange that the "Create an Account" option is allowing you to enter in credit card information. I suspect that it may be a caching issue with your device. Have you been able to replicate this on another device?

Due to this issue arising on Paypals website, I would recommend reaching out to Paypal Support directly as they'd have further troubleshooting steps you can take to get this fixed up. 

Let me know what you find out!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks for response @Peter 

As you mentioned, the guest checkout is enabled.

I tried replicating this on other devices and it is the same story - sometimes the right wording, sometimes the wrong one, but all the time it leads to checkout with bank cards... On mobile, though, it always says CREATE ACCOUNT.

I have reached out to PayPal support but it's been a long time since I haven't heard from them. I guess they will never reply.

Thanks again 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Only people from 6-7 countries will see the bottom button as 'Pay with credit card' (USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zeeland)

For some reason, all the people from the rest of the countries will see the button as 'Create account' even though the functionality is the same

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I had also the same problem, I searched and try to find out it solution but I failed. Are you having the same issue yet or solved? Plz help me if you solved it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
895 0 58

Hi,

you can't use this option ( pay with credit or debit card through Paypal ) 
because this option available maybe just in 6 countries USA Canada UK .....
you can use VPN ( IP USA ) And try to pay with Paypal & You will see the difference
In the USA IP, you will find this option but in another country, you can't find it.

0 Likes