Paypal Express Checkout Button Not Showing In Cart

Highlighted
5 0 0

Our Payal button was always showing in our shopping cart and has disappeared when viewing on a mobile or desktop, we've no idea why, can anyone please advise how we get it back?

www.housesignco.co.uk

Our cart.liquid has the code shown below which I believe the contents exists on the server side however shopify are unable to help me.

{% if additional_checkout_buttons %} 
      {{ content_for_additional_checkout_buttons }} 
      {% endif %}

Thanks, Nathan 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 34

Hi, Nathan!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out today.

Often, if a payment option 'disappears' from a cart page, it is caused by your theme's code being modified in some sort of way. Thankfully, when I load your cart on both the browser and mobile version of your site, I am able to view the PayPal button:

Browser:

Mobile:

If you have recently installed any apps which may affect the Cart, I suggest a quick cache clear of your browser to ensure your site is loading the most recent data. A good way to troubleshoot the cause of the issue would be to also load your site on other browsers or devices. If the issue persists, you may wish to contact your theme's developer or app developers for further insight.

Feel free to follow back up with any further questions or updates! 

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Anders

I can get the button to show on my desktop and on the mobile view via my pc but if i use my actual iphone the paypal button is hidden.

I believe it has something to bold apps product options, they have told me their app isn't compatible with the new paypal button so is hiding it along with not passing the options to the cart, etc... 

We really need to get this sorted asap and if Paypal are unable to help it looks like we need to do a fresh install of our theme to remove bold apps product options unless there is another way around this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Just a quick update, I raised a support ticket with Paypal and passed bold apps comments across to Paypal, see below:

Bold apps comments:

"PayPal is A/B testing their new button on your store"

Paypal comments:

"as I am not aware of any tests on merchants websites. We have our own testing environments."

Unfortunately this leaves us as a business playing piggy in the middle due to having no knowledge in this area whilst having a huge impact on our business.

Maybe we're not looking in the right places but when a change is made to an app that can cause an issue to your business then maybe an email should go out to their customers to inform them of any potential issues.

We're more than happy to pay to get this resolved however this would take 100% confirmation where the issue is otherwise we appear to be going around in circles.

Don't want to appear grumpy, we moved from Big Commerce to Shopify and it was the best thing we ever did! just not at the moment!!

0 Likes