Paypal Express Checkout

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello ive had a paypal express checkout payment pending for 3 days now. It says "PayPal is reviewing the payment to comply with government regulations. Confirm the payment is completed before fulfilling this order". Im curious is there something specific i have to do or do i have to just wait it out. Its been over 72 hours thats why im curious. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

Hi Brandon. 

Nick here from Shopify. 

This looks like the customer paid for their item via eCheck which prompts these messages, so this is completely normal. When a customer pays via PayPal eCheck, it is a payment method that is similar to a regular written cheque, except done electronically. While the system waits for the cheque to clear, the payment is marked as “Pending” in Shopify, like what you are seeing now. An eCheck is possible as long as a buyer has linked their bank account to their PayPal account. To find out if this is an eCheck Paypal has got a helpful article on this, which you can see here

Some extra information which you might find useful on how long it takes eChecks to clear can be found below:

It will depend on which country the sender’s bank account is from:

• U.S. - 3 - 6 business days
  • Canada - up to 8 business days
  • UK - up to 9 working days
  • Australia - 7 - 8 working days

Just to note, these are estimate times and it could differ. 

Don't hesitate to ask any other questions should you have any.

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
16 0 18

Hi Nick - 

So what happens if the eCheck doesn't clear?  Does the order get updated to Cancelled in Shopify?

0 Likes