Paypal Express in Macedonia

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello!

As you may know, Paypal doesn't work at the moment in Macedonia for receiving payments. But, our government recently made some changes that will (most likely) allow it in the near future and it is very possible that we will finally be able to use Paypal for both sending and receiving payments. 

As I can see, at the moment, PayPal Express is not on the list of available Shopify Payment Gateways for Macedonia (it was some time before, but not anymore). 

My question is, would you guys be able to bring it back once (if) we can use PayPal in Macedonia? 

I have been waiting for such a long time to start my Shopify store so I'm interested if it will be possible. :) 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
845 54 138

Hey, there.

Dallas here from Shopify and I'd love to help answer this question for you.

At the moment we don't have a timeline for when, or if, we'll bring PayPal back for Macedonia. However, I do have a link that will give you all of the options for your country. This link has a few different gateways that are worth looking into, but one that is very popular and is used quite often is 2Checkout. Have you looked into that one yet?

Is there a particular reason that you're solely looking to use PayPal and not looking at some other options?

Please take a look at 2Checkout and feel free to let me know what you think.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Dallas! Thanks for the fast reply.

Anyway, yes, I have looked into 2Checkout multiple times. I have read reviews, watched Youtube videos, asked multiple people who personally used 2Checkout before, and honestly, overall, it seems too risky for me to go for it. A big number of people have had negative experiences with it, some even report that their accounts got banned for very strange reasons and that their customer support is not very helpful if you have an issue with something. 

So, because of all this, I personally made a decision not to go with 2Checkout and wait for a better alternative. Hopefully, PayPal will be available for Macedonia in a few months time. 

EDIT: Oh, and, if PayPal goes through, Stripe and Skrill will most likely become available in our country too - so if you guys could implement any of them when they become available I would consider those two as well!

0 Likes