Paypal Fee is NOT Credited When Issuing a Refund

Highlighted
2 0 0

Today, my shop got an order valued at AUD $399.99. According to the paypal fee policy, paypal charged me $14.7 for transaction fee. My net total is $385.29. Due to I ran out of stock, I have to refund the order. I click the refund in shopify order page and it shows successfully. But when I checkout the paypal statement, it deducted $399.99 from my fund, instead of deducting $385.29 and reverse the paypal fee from paypal. So I lost $14.7 in this transaction. 

Please investigate the issue as I have other sales channel which integrated with paypal. And it functions as expected when issuing a refund on the platform. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1659 100 361

Hi, @terrycai365

I'm sorry to hear that the Paypal transaction fee was not automatically sent back to you when you refunded the order. Regretfully, the issue you're experiencing is not something Shopify would be able to troubleshoot as we do not have access to Paypal's platform. Your best step here would be to contact Paypal Support as they would be able to look into why the fee was not refunded back to you. 

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there,

I believe the issue is in Shopify as in other salec channel, the refund will reverse the paypal fee. I think it could be the way of how Shopify invokes Paypal API. Please investigate. Thanks. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1659 100 361

@terrycai365 

We would not be able to troubleshoot the issue I'm afraid. The Paypal integration is created and supported by Paypal and will require reaching out to their support for further clarification on why the fee was not returned to you. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes