Paypal Issues

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi We had to disable paypal due to orders not being received. 

"Third-party payments placed on or after October 2 may be missing or displayed inaccurately in your Orders".

Does anyone know if the issue has been fixed.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 61 124

Hi there @chelec!

Don here from Shopify.

We're not aware of any recent issues affecting integration with PayPal here, but if you can share some more info with us here we can check this out together.

Could you let us know where you saw this message exactly, and what you were doing at the time it was triggered?

Had you previously been using PayPal okay, or had you just started with setting it up for your store?

It may end up being the case that you need to contact PayPal support directly, though we'd like to take a look first here to see what we might be able to advise. 

The more information you can give us here the better we will be able to understand and help out.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Few of my customers consistently facing issue with paypal payments. I am fed up of taking payments by bank transfers and then refunds are not easy to manage for unavailable products.

Is there anything I need to do from my side? Can shopify support help me on this? For some customers paypal payment goes in loop with no error message. This is creating a very bad and unprofessional user experience for my customers and they feel site is unsafe. Can you please help me with this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1051 61 124

Hi there @saurabhvalsangk!

Don from Shopify once again.

We would be pretty limited in what we can do to support your use of PayPal here ourselves in Shopify, but there are still a few things you can check out.

I would check to see if the version of PayPal you are using matches your Shopify settings for country and currency, as there can be issues where these do not match or are not supported.

If you're not sure and haven't already, I would reach out to PayPal support directly to let them know what is happening and have them look into this. 

Aside from troubleshooting the issue with you, they would also be able to confirm which version of PayPal is available in your region and which currency or currencies it supports.

Have you tried testing this out yourself, using a different PayPal account to try to make a test order via your store to see what happens there?

Would this have started occurring recently, or have you always noticed issues like this when using your current PayPal setup?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes