Paypal Multi currency issue

Highlighted
2 0 4

Hello Shopify community,

I just completed the setup of my store and I am facing a problem.

I am using both Shopify Payments and Paypal. In Shopify Payments set-up, I accept 5 different currencies pour my customers (USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP). 

My shop default currency is USD When a user chooses EUR for example, checkout through Shopify Payment goes well until checkout whether you pay by CC, Apple Pay or Google pay in EUR.

However, for Paypal Checkout Express, if the user selects EUR in my shop, the amount he will be asked to pay at checkout in Paypal is in USD. Could you please help me correct this so Paypal currency asked to my customer is the same that he selected in my shop, and not only my default currency (USD) ?

Thanks for your help on this

Much appreciated

3 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 4

Hello again, 

@Bruno7531 wrote:

Hello Shopify community,

I just completed the setup of my store and I am facing a problem.

I am using both Shopify Payments and Paypal. In Shopify Payments set-up, I accept 5 different currencies pour my customers (USD, EUR, AUD, CAD, GBP). 

My shop default currency is USD When a user chooses EUR for example, checkout through Shopify Payment goes well until checkout whether you pay by CC, Apple Pay or Google pay in EUR.

However, for Paypal Checkout Express, if the user selects EUR in my shop, the amount he will be asked to pay at checkout in Paypal is in USD. Could you please help me correct this so Paypal currency asked to my customer is the same that he selected in my shop, and not only my default currency (USD) ?

Thanks for your help on this

Much appreciated

For now, no solution found on my side and I deactivated Paypal which is not my preferred option obviously ...

Who has a great idea to help me ? :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Trailblazer
229 1 42

I have a similar issue where I sell in both USD and CAD through Shopify Payments (and would like to add more currencies) and this seems to work fine for the accelerated? PayPal button but when I get to checkout and choose Paypal, the price always reverts to CAD. I love the multiple currencies option but it's a mess at checkout. Would like to just have the button (that works) and not have PayPal in the menu (that doesn't work) but I doubt this is an option. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Same issue. Abandon checkout rate will surely increase seeing as the currency is converted all the way though the customer journey until this point. Paypal allow as many currency options as you want, so why doesn't it work with Shopify at chekout?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 5

+1, I'm also running into this issue... please fix as soon as possible. I don't want currencies to differ between store and Paypal and I'm losing sales from this. @shopify is this something we can expect to be solved any time soon? 

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

We are in Australia, getting the same problem with paypal.   Two orders this week from the USA paid with paypal and then cancelled as they didn't trust us.  Transaction shows USD throughout.  Then they get the confirmation email from paypal showing AUD.  Its a higher dollar amount so it looks like we overcharged if they dont realise what the AUD means.

Shopify, please fix this.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

We are experiencing the same issue. Has anyone found a resolution? 

Thank you

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1
Just run into this issue as well.
Has anyone found a solution?
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 2

I'm having the same issue. A solution from Shopify would be brilliant as I think they just send PayPal whatever your store currency is. Along with shopify payments we need them to allow us to accept payments in multiple currencies. PayPal supports this with having the ability to hold any currency and then to add multiple payout currencies with Shopify Payments. Currently, if a customer selects to pay in GBP on our store the price will be converted once by shopify on the store and then back as the store is naturally in USD on shopify by PayPal which have very high conversion fees. This means the price is up by about 10%. Both of these things need addressed and allow us to accept in multiple payout currencies on PayPal and Shopify Payments.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
+1 for this issue. Surely Shopify can see the number of people having this issue?
1 Like