Paypal - New account and holding payments

Kaz17
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi

I really hope I can get help here. We have just recently launched our site and have had 2 orders via Paypal. However, Paypal are holding the money for about 21 days?

They have said that they need a tracking order to ensure the customer has received their order before they release the funds. In our scenario we have one customer who we delivered the goods personally and the other we have posted. Where on Shopify does it give the customer the option to keep Paypal up to date with their order?

Plesase help!!!

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 116 161

Hey, @Kaz17.

Elias from Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

That's correct. Depending on the situation, PayPal may hold funds for up to 21 days to make sure that the customer has received their order.

With posted orders, you can add the tracking number to the order on Shopify when fulfilling an order. This syncs and allows PayPal to confirm when an order has been delivered, so the customer doesn't need to update PayPal directly. 

If your store is set up for local deliveries for online orders, we've also got a guide to help you with fulfilling local delivery orders. However, since there isn't a way for PayPal to track this, they may still hold the funds for 21 days.

That being said, was this the same method that you have set up local deliveries?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
ImSteve
Tourist
5 0 2

This syncs and allows PayPal to confirm when an order has been delivered

@Elias What do you mean here? I'm using Shopify Shipping and Paypal is still holding the funds. Right now I'm having to manually add each tracking number to Paypal one at a time, which seems absurd. Am I doing something wrong? Can Shopify not sync tracking number with Paypal?

Thanks.

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 116 161

Hey, @ImSteve.

My apologies for the confusion here!

You're not doing anything wrong, PayPal does release the funds sooner when they have tracking numbers for the orders. Just to clarify, I meant to say that PayPal syncs with Shopify for the order creation and refunds or cancellations; however, the tracking number does need to be entered separately. 

I understand having to enter the tracking numbers manually is not an efficient way for our merchants, like yourself, to manage their orders and I'd be happy to share this feedback with our developer team. If Shopify moves forward with any changes or new features, you'll be able to find it on our changelog and announcements page. 

If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

MarcelS55391
2 0 0

Are there any apps that can assist with this?

0 Likes
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1114 116 161

Hi, @MarcelS55391.

Thank you for joining the thread!

Just to clarify, are you looking for an app to assist with entering the tracking info on PayPal? Or, something that can help with payments held by PayPal?

I was able to find a third-party app, called TrackiPal, which can automatically sync the tracking info between Shopify and PayPal. However, I wasn't having any luck finding an app that can help speed up the held payments. That being said, I was able to find PayPal's guide on held payments - My payment is on hold. Why is this happening?. Their guide can help explain why the payouts are delayed and what you can do to get access to your funds sooner. If their guide isn't able to help out, you can also contact PayPal directly to inquire about your payouts.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for?

0 Likes
CarinoLingerie
1 0 0

Hi there, 

Sorry, we are also having this problem so wanted to jump on. 

We have just launched our site and have our first order. 

PayPal are holding the payment, I am guessing as a security measure as we are a new site. 

We are slightly apprehensive to ship stock without payment for obvious reasons. 

It seems the only way we can expedite the money is to give tracking information. 

Will this be the case with every order paid with PayPal on our website? Seems unreasonable? 

Thanks, 

CarinoLingerie 

https://www.carinolingerie.com

0 Likes