Paypal - New account and holding payments

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi

I really hope I can get help here. We have just recently launched our site and have had 2 orders via Paypal. However, Paypal are holding the money for about 21 days?

They have said that they need a tracking order to ensure the customer has received their order before they release the funds. In our scenario we have one customer who we delivered the goods personally and the other we have posted. Where on Shopify does it give the customer the option to keep Paypal up to date with their order?

Plesase help!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
694 63 88

Hey, @Kaz17.

Elias from Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

That's correct. Depending on the situation, PayPal may hold funds for up to 21 days to make sure that the customer has received their order.

With posted orders, you can add the tracking number to the order on Shopify when fulfilling an order. This syncs and allows PayPal to confirm when an order has been delivered, so the customer doesn't need to update PayPal directly. 

If your store is set up for local deliveries for online orders, we've also got a guide to help you with fulfilling local delivery orders. However, since there isn't a way for PayPal to track this, they may still hold the funds for 21 days.

That being said, was this the same method that you have set up local deliveries?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes