Paypal Payment Issue

Highlighted
1 0 0

hi 

I received an order on OCTOBER 27, but the payment status is still pending and shows the Pending Reason is "unilateral" . Then I found out that I should use the same email address I used to open Shopify store to connect PayPal.  After I follow the instructions to connect my Paypal business account with my Shopify email on November 19, I still can not get paid. It would be highly appreciated if someone can help, thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
588 60 109

Hi @jkerrin,

Hyde here from Shopify.

I did a quick Google search and it looks like this error occurs if your email address hasn't been registered with PayPal. More on that here.

If that is what has happened in your case, you can change your email address for your PayPal account in Settings > Payment Providers and go to the PayPal section and follow our steps listed in our guide here.

By default, Shopify uses the email that you registered to Shopify with as the email address for PayPal Express Checkout. If you have a business account with PayPal and use a different email address, then you will need to change it in your Shopify admin to link to the correct PayPal account.

I hope this helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes