Paypal Payments Issue

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi guys,

So yesterday I told a friend of my to buy something from my shop to see how it works (the shop is new a never sold anything before),so he did and he paid with paypal.

Then I followed the page the fulfill the order and it tooks me to aliexpress where I had to pay with paypal too.

Now i went on my paypal account and what happened is:

My payment to aliexpress is "Pending" so the order is not been completed yet

and the payment from my friend to me is "on hold".

Is this always happening or not? 

If is not what I need to do?

I'm trying to reach out to them but its hard to get in touch with them

Thank you Guys!

payment.png

*This is the status of my order

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
585 60 109

Hi @InstituteClo,

Hyde here from Shopify.

You will need to determine why your payment from your friend for the order is on hold, and why the AliExpress order has not gone through.

So this starts with reaching out to Paypal about the payment. In terms of the Aliexpress order, you can reach their help center by clicking Help at the top of the page in AliExpress then going to Customer Service. To get to the live chat, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Online Service. Go through the options of what your inquiry is about (and if you can't find an option that matches then pick anything). Once you get into the chat you will get their bot, and after you have asked it a question there will be the option to get to the live chat.

I also have a video you can check out here: https://screenshot.click/17-18-t74x9-mzyo5.mp4 to see how it's done!

I hope that helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

So paypal approved my payment at the end but the process took 3 whole day,meanwhile on the aliexpress shop the paid is still under verification (I believe it will be cleared soon since paypal sent the money just now).

What I want to know is if this thing is always this long,like is somebody having the same situation?

I think about it because how we know shipment time from aliexpress is already long and 3-4 extra days to just clear the payment is not helping obviosly.

Thank u!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Little update even tho the payment has been approved by PayPal on Aliexpress it says it is still under verification it says that would take up to 6 hours but it's already been  5 days now,since my friend paid and the good is not been shipped yet.

Is All this the norm or is a specific case?

Thank you!

0 Likes