Paypal Transaction Error "Your payment can’t be processed for technical reasons.."

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello There,

Activated Paypal Express Checkout as A payment method for my Shopify store then after & by A test of purchasing products and paying through Paypal I'v seen this error at payment processing page

"Your payment can’t be processed for technical reasons. Try again or use a different payment method."

I hope you staff reply as soon as possible, Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
263 27 45

Hi @thehimselfonly,

Hyde here from Shopify!

There could be any number of reasons for why you're receiving that error. First off, I'd have to ask you to check that you have a Paypal account with the email you used to sign up for Shopify.

There's more on that here but the essentials are in the screenshot below:

20-03-6jycd-jufml

If that's all set up correctly, you would need to check that you've processed the order correctly as per this help document.

Finally, you could try refreshing your browser as per this help document or try using a different one to see if the problem persists, as your cache and cookies might be interfering with the store functionality.

Give all those a go and if none of it works I'm happy to help out further if you link me to your store. Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi, I’m getting the same error. Where I’m connected to 2checkout. Could you please advice? As I confirmed my gateway through 2checkout and after I went on live.

But when I tried same error came but charges money from my account. And not showing as a order in my Shopify app. I’m scared whether my customers faced the same. As I can’t capture what I paid for testing.

My shop is zolah.online
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there, we got exactly same problem and our Paypal is already set as Business account since the beginning. I could pay when I tried paying with Paypal (logged in) but I couldn't pay when I tried to pay with my credit card via Paypal (without logging in). Looking forward to hear back from you soon :)

0 Likes