Paypal Wrong account

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi I received a payment on a paypal account that doesn't exist, and changed it to the real paypal account, how do I transfer the payment over to the new/real account?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1400 139 384

Hey there, @SKNRandCo 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

That is a really great question. Did you get an email from PayPal after you received your first payment via PayPal? They should have sent you an email to connect an account to accept the funds. If you don't see the email, I'd recommend reaching out to PayPal directly to discuss transferring the funds from that order to the correct account. You should go to this order in Shopify and click on "Information from Payment Gateway" in the order timeline as the team over at PayPal will need some of the information here to track down the payment. You can contact PayPal's support team here.

Congratulations on making that first sale with PayPal by the way! How are you liking the platform so far? Do you have any plans for your store for BFCM? I would recommend taking a look at our BFCM toolkit to make sure you are 100% ready for that busy weekend.

All the Best,

Bo 

Bo - Social Care @ Shopify

Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes