Paypal alternative as a withdrawl method for app developers

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 1

Hello,
I just came across this thread https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Partner-Payouts-only-via-PayPal-Does-t... where Nick (community manager ) says:

PayPal is still the only payout option for Partners. The only way a payout would be issued that isn't via PayPal is if a Partner is in a country where PayPal isn't eligible. I completely understand that you and many other Partners would like more options and will mention this again and put through another feature request on your behalf. 

I live in a country where Paypal is not available/eligible(Nepal) so it would be great if I could get paid via wire transfer. Lack of paypal alternatives is the reason I have been put off from pushing apps to Shopify store. I only see an option to add the Paypal email in the partner settings. How do I go about adding the bank wire details? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,
Bishal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3156 237 523

Hi @My_Pap_Shopify_,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Thanks for writing a new post about this. It will help others see it also. As mentioned in my reply to you in the thread here:

"For Partners who don't have PayPal as an option, there is a manual payouts option. There is a minimum payout threshold of $1,000 USD p/month and we would need to see this balance before it can be set up! Because this might involve having to get some sensitive information from your part to set that up, your best bet would be to reach out to our support team directly here."

Reaching out to the support team directly or if you want I can reach out to you directly about this. But you would need to speak to a member of the Shopify team to do this. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 1

Hi Nick,
Thanks for your response, that sounds great! I will definitely reach out to the support team at that link once I reach the $1000 threshold. Just a few more questions for you if you don't mind:
1. Is wire transfer available as a payment option for partners from Paypal unsupported countries(like myself)?

2. Do I need to hit $1000 every month compulsorily(after the first $1000 is earned) or is it just a threshold that needs to be met before manual payments can be sent? Let's say if I make $600 in a month, i will not receive a payment that month(which is fine) but in the next month if I make $500, it will be total $1100 and I will be eligble for payment right? Meaning, I dont need to make $1000 in that previous month when I just made $600 right?

Thank you so much

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3156 237 523

No problem at all @My_Pap_Shopify_. I hope it helped. Let's take a look at your follow up questions: 

If it is the case that you are not located in a PayPal restricted region then the threshold is $30,000. Once the threshold is met you would then receive payouts every 15 days.

They will need to set up a vendor account and manually submit PDF invoices to Shopify. You can get the link and instructions for this when you contact the team from the link above. Shopify usually process payment of invoices within 15 days, assuming the invoices are approved internally on time (we can't guarantee the invoice will be paid in 15 days).- Shopify requires an invoice from approved partners twice monthly (same as PayPal payouts: 1-15th and 16-31st). - Something to remember is that wire transfer fees may be charged by your bank. Shopify is not responsible for these charges.

I hope this helps and answers your questions! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 1

Hi @Nick ,

Just revisiting this thread with a quick question - in my country, the banks require a simple purpose of remittance message in the Wire transfer. Is it possible for you to include that in your wire transfer message? Something like "Payment for Shopify app store earnings"?

Thanks
Bishal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3156 237 523

Hey @My_Pap_Shopify_,

Can I ask where exactly you mean to add the message? Is the Wire transfer via the Shopify platform or is it separate from Shopify? I am not 100% sure about this. I don't see why it's not a problem to say something like that either, as it is what it is. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 1

Hi @Nick ,

A memo text can be optionally included when sending wire transfers anywhere. My question is, does Shopify include any memo when sending wire transfers to app developers? If not, is it possible to include it in my case, simply citing the purpose of the payment?

I am requesting because banks in some countries like ours(including India, Ukraine etc.) require the purpose of remittance to be included in the wire transfer memo(just a short phrase, eg. "Payment for Shopify app store earnings"). 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3156 237 523

Hi @My_Pap_Shopify_,

I spoke to someone on the partner support team. They mentioned that it should provide some kind of descriptor for you to be able to add a note. Has the bank been accepting payments for you? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
20 0 1

Hi Nick,

That's great! I have not submitted my app to the store yet, but will be doing so soon. I just wanted to confirm this first. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes