Paypal express Checkout going to wrong email

kponder
4 0 0

When I  originally set up my Shopify I had accidentally typed in the wrong email, during the setup process. I soon recognized my error and changed it to the correct email address. I just had my first order and Paypal express is set up to the wrong email address (the one I accidentally entered on set up).

I get the following message

Collect your PayPal payment

To collect your payment, you need to set up your PayPal account. If your PayPal account doesn’t use your "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx com" email address, check your email for instructions from PayPal.

Can anyone please help me correct this?

Replies 5 (5)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Hi, @kponder!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for sharing your question with our network. If the email you entered incorrectly is one you have access to please check that inbox to complete registration and set-up. At that point, PayPal can still release your funds to your account, typically within 48 business hours. 

However, if that is an email address that you no longer have access to, or doesn't exist (i.e. a typo), you will need to connect with PayPal Support directly for next steps. Connect with them using this help link:

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/contact-us 

Make sure to share the following information with their Support team for faster assistance:

1. Email address used to transact the funds (incorrect email)
  2. Email address you wish to use going forward (correct email)
  3. Head to Admin > Orders > Open order >  Timeline > Expand Payment Details to include the authorization key of any affected transactions

Don't hesitate to reach back out if you have further questions.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kponder
4 0 0
Thank you!!
kponder
4 0 0

This was the response from Paypal

Hello, Welcome to PayPal Messaging Center. I'll be more than happy to help you from here. Hope you are doing well!

I understand your concern in this case and would definitely like to help you with the best resolution to this case but since this issue is in regards to a third party app, you might be needing their help as well.

Upon checking your account, I could see that this email address: kbathandbodyscapes@gmail.com is linked to your PayPal account. Since the mistake is on Shopify, the changes needs to be done on Shopify platform and this would be best done by the support from Shopify company. They would be the best one to help you in this case and make changes on the email address.

In order to make transactions with PayPal, both the email address needs to be changed. Please make the changes and this would address your concern.

Feel free to reply at your convenience and one of my colleagues will pick up on your conversation where we left off to provide any additional assistance that is requested.
kponder
4 0 0

I was able to call Paypal and they resolved the issue in less than 10 minutes.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1698 146 303

Thanks for the update, @kponder.

I am so glad the PayPal team was able to resolve this for you. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog