Paypal express button removal

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

I've read through most of the posts about this, and I've managed to hide the express button on 'your cart' page and I thought that would be okay. I then checked my phone and the express button appears on the top of the following page too. ('checkouts' but only on mobile devices)

How do I remove that checkout button as well? (I know the whole point of the express button is to help the customer, but I need them to fill out all their details, otherwise, it bypasses my delivery date app)

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 98 139

Hi, @fragglejack,

Hank here from Shopify.

If this is something that you do wish to remove from your store, it can certainly be done. However, as you have not shared your store URL, I am not able to give you specific advice, but if you were to reply with that here, it would help myself and the Community.

The first option would be reaching out to your theme developer to assist with the coding. Depending on what theme you are using, it would lead to different developers. If you are using a free Shopify theme and on a paid plan, our theme developers can assist with this! Simply let me know, and I can follow this up with you.

If it is a third party theme however, this would mean you would need to reach out to their developers as this would not be supported by Shopify. if unsure how to tell who your theme is supported by, you can find this within your Shopify admin as per this guide.

The other option is hopefully, someone with more technical skills in the community will come across this and be able to add some value to you here, but if not, your best bet might be to reach out to one of our Shopify Experts, who you can hire to do almost any custom work on your store. If you were to reach out to them about this query, they would be able to resolve this issue for you.

Let me know which path you prefer, or if you share your URL, a developer may come across this and help you further!

All the best, Hank.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

thanks, the store is on the debut theme and its https://south-mountain-reptiles.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 98 139

Thank you for confirming this and please accept my apology for the delay in the response.

As this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Thank you. 

I'm not seeing any email yet? (checked my spam folder too)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
847 98 139

That is certainly strange.

I emailed the email associated with your username, but if you would like to try and send an email to communitymailer_@_shopify.com  (just remove the underscores), and I will assist you further with this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I would like to see it removed on my website to. Both on desktop and mobile.

Can you do this please? It's vlans.shop or v-lans.myshopify.com

Thanks.

0 Likes