Paypal express checkout question

RogueCase
Excursionist
18 0 6

Hey!

My store is still not live, I setup my paypal express checkout option but when I try to order it says "Payment gateway This payment method isn’t available on the store right now", will it only work after the store goes live? Or is there a problem I need to address before I go live? Thank you in advance

Replies 2 (2)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hey, @RogueCase.

This is Elias with Shopify Support. I'd be happy to lend a hand with this!

I can confirm that you need to launch your store before testing PayPal, as suggested on our guide - Set up PayPal on your store. However, in order to launch your store and have an active checkout, you would need to subscribe to a plan as well.

You don't lose any trial time by subscribing early, as our system doesn't create an invoice until after the trial, and this would allow you to start testing your checkout as well as experience the features that come with your plan. It's also important to note, you can test the order process by using a different PayPal account from the one set up on the store. 

I understand that your store is not live yet. Just to clarify, is your store on trial or subscribed to a plan at the moment? 

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

RogueCase
Excursionist
18 0 6

Yes, my store is still on trial, I did buy a domain yesterday in prep for launch but haven't picked a plan yet. Thank you for the clarifications! I do have another Paypal account in place, will use that for tests! Thank you!