Paypal forces customer to create an account on mobile

Xarvius
3 0 1

I'm not from the US so paypal is currently my only option. When trying to checkout on my computer, paypal gives me the option to enter credit card details without having to create a paypal account. However, when checking out on mobile, once I've entered the credit card info I can't proceed untill I fill in an email address, password and ID in order to create a paypal account.

How do I make it so that customers don't have to create a paypal account when buying on mobile?

0 Likes
Kevin_W
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
53 0 3

Hi Xarvius,

Kevin here - a Shopify Guru :)

You should be able to checkout as a guest on Paypal when on your mobile device.

There should be an option to pay with a Paypal account but underneath there should be this option to Pay with Debit or Credit Card:

There previously was an option you would need to check in Paypal to enable 'account optional' but from reading the Paypal article here it should be supported by default.

I hope this helps Xarvius, if you have any questions, let me know!

Best wishes,

Kevin | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
aminrbb
1 0 1

Hi all

Kevin - I believe main point in Xarvius message has been missed: The option to "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" exists, the issue, is by clicking this on mobile device, customer is redirected to a checkout page, which asks for debit/credit details (so far so good), but they need to enter username/pass details to create paypal account at the same time (and it's "mandatory").

Xarvius - Have you had any chance to get to bottom of this?

Thanks

Amin

Yossi_Elimelech
10 0 0

hi Amin, have you found out an answer for this issue? thanks 

0 Likes
habib_vazquez
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

same question here.

im from mexico and i get the same pop up window.

0 Likes
NunneryIOM
1 0 0

This seems to be happening again - is there a solution for this?

0 Likes